• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenant needs help with landlord problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Emc

I would like to know what I can do about my landlord?I live in chicago illinois.My apart.is falling apart and my landlord won't fix this stuff.We have lived here for 5 years and we have paid our rent every monyh but not always on time.Not because we wouldn't but due to job loss and illness.Well bottom line in the past the landlord came over because of a problem and while they were here we informed them of a hole in the ceiling of the shower they said they would be back to fix in a week.Well they came back in a week to inform us they were raising our rent never made the repair.I have recently noticed roaches in my apartment when i told the landlord she told me to get roach motels!She came over to tell me to close my window because she had the heat on.She has yelled at my children and told them if they don't like it they can leave.She yells if my kids play in front dosen't want there friends to wait for them in front of the building.Can she do this stuff? What can i do to get this stuff fixed? We had a lease the first year but when it was up we never got a new one to sign.She told us she wanted us to sign a laese in july but when we said we would sign it if they put in there that they would fix this stuff (to many things to mention) we never saw a lease.PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING(BUT DON'T HAVE MONEY TO MOVE NOW.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">