• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant with too many animals

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rerndahl

I have a 3 flat in Chicago, IL. One of my tenants periodically will get a dog, I tell her to get rid of it, and she does. Now however, she has 2 cats a dog and now the dog has had a litter of puppies. I went in the apartment to do some maintenance, the apartment spells terrible, is filthy and now has animals that shouldn't be there. I left her a 10 day notice but it doesn't look like she is taking it seriously. In the meantime the whole building spells from the animals. Other tenants are complaining. What can I do to get rid of her and her animals?

D

dj1

Give her a letter stating she has 10 days to get rid of all the pets or you will start eviction proceedings in court.

If that is what you stated then WHY are you posting here?

Get you butt to the courthouse and start the proceedings!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">