• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenants in common. Can I sell my part???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Richard Marvel

What is the name of your state? Florida

I own 50% of a condo in Florida. Me and the other co owner do not get along. I was told he could buy me out and that was my only option. Is this true??? He refuses to buy me out, can I sell or rent my part? This was no agreement signed that states otherwise. Just both of our names on the deed. Please help
Typically each State has a method to resolve property disputes that appear to be deadlocked. In Illinois the property owner who wants out can file a partition action to force a sale of the property. You will need to consult with a Florida real esate attorney to develop your options.

quincy

Typically each State has a method to resolve property disputes that appear to be deadlocked. In Illinois the property owner who wants out can file a partition action to force a sale of the property. You will need to consult with a Florida real esate attorney to develop your options.
Richard, this thread is a month old. Please look at posting dates before responding. Thanks. And please contact administrators of this forum to have your credentials verified.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">