• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenent Left /can I take possession?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kelly Shivel

My tenent owes back rent for December and January. As of 1/22 she told me she was moving. She has moved most of her stuff out, she called and said someone broke in, I went down and secured a busted door, I believe her boyfriend did it to get his motorcycle out of the basement. Anyways, I mailed her a letter telling her she needed to get the rest of the stuff out, and I would be taking possession of the property on 1/29, all of her stuff excluding a couple nasty matresses and garbage is gone.
My lease states that if she abandons the property without having paid monies due i have the right to regain possession of the property immediately and have legal recourse to recover any rent and damages over the damage deposit. I am in WV.
What is my legal rights?
Thank YOU

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">