• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

term insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paul

Can I take out a large term insurance policy on someone without them knowing about it. He likes to ride his motorcycle very drunk. The odds are much better than the lottery for putting money in my pocket. Thanks in Pa.

ALawyer

Not very likely, for the reason you stated.

To get insurance on someone you need an insurable interest. Typically you'd be the spouse or a dependent of the applicant, so you'd have lost something if he died. Otherwise people could buy a policy on a guy and kill the insured.

In any event, with AIDS etc. every insurance company underwrites every applicant for any signicant amount of insurance -- and the guy would have to sign a medical form and take a physical and blood test, and may be ininsurable.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">