• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Term Life Premiums in Later Years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

groovinator

I know there are Increasing Term policies and Level Term policies, but are there ways to lower the rate of increase in the later years of Term policies? For example, can I pay higher premiums now (age 40) on an Increasing Term policy in order to reduce the sky-high premium levels when I'm 65? (I know converting to Whole is an option, but aside from that....)

ALawyer

Look, if you want low cost term forever, you'll have to convince the insurance company you won't die, ever.

You can get yourself reunderwritten now and take out a new 10-20 year term policy, and then repeat that every 5 - 10 years, and that will hold down the cost. You can buy a universal life insurance policy with a high cash deposit, and a paid up additions rider. But when you get to 65 let's hope you're so rich you'll have no need for life insurance -- perhaps your investment potfolio with the money you would have put into the insurance is at the moon, or your kids will be so successful they won't need any money -- and they'd have to be at least 25 then....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">