• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated, denied unemployment, and case is easily found online.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Slasheroth

What is the name of your state? I live in Iowa. I was terminated from a job and was afterwards denied unemployment benefits. OK, that's fine, I got through that and got another job.

Today, as I do now and then, I did a google search on my name. The first thing that popped up was the records concerning why I was fired and my appeals for unemployment. Is this legal? This really pisses me off, because anybody can look up my name and get my street address, the reason I was fired from my old job, and the reason I was denied unemployment.

To say I am pissed is an understatement. Please, if anyone knows, is it legal for the Workforce Development to post all those details about me online? Is there anything I can do to force them to remove those documents from the public eye? :mad: I don't want to have to hack their website, but if that's what must be done I know a few people that could make that happen for me. :cool:

Last edited:

CO19

Slasheroth said:
To say I am pissed is an understatement. Please, if anyone knows, is it legal for the Workforce Development to post all those details about me online?

YES, unfortunately for you, it is. In Iowa, W/C claims decisions are public record. It is not uncommon for court records, criminal records, etc.. to be available to the public online both on the state and local levels.

CO19

cbg said:
CO19, I trust you mean UI claims and not WC claims?
CBG, thank you for the correction; I meant to type UI claims! On a side note, W/C claim history is also public record in Iowa.... thanks again for the correction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">