• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated under false pretenses.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

juniorsmom_007

I am currently having legal problems due to previously undiagnosed clinical depression. I have criminal charges pending against me that have been HIGHLY publicized in the media. While my employer was aware of the situation from the start, I was suspended and ultimately terminated within one week of the filing of the charges and resulting media coverage. My employer accused me of threatening a co-worker based on an e-mail I had sent regarding her incompetence.
Between the time I was suspended (with pay) and terminated, my doctor notified my employer that she was placing me on medical leave due to depression and situational stress. I was eligible for medical leave from the time of the initial incident, but I choose to continue to work because it was my department's busiest time of the year.

Can they terminated me while I'm on medical leave? Can they enforce a computer policy that even the Human Resources Manager refuses to sign? Can I sue for wrongful termination?

A

Attorney_Replogle

You may have a claim for wrongful termination based on your being disabled under your state's laws and or the federal Americans with Disabilities Act. You really should consult with a labor law attorney near you. You can find one at attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">