• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminated unfairly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

betsy757

i live in kentucky and was terminated from my job three months ago. i know i was fired because my supervisor does not like me. i am upset because i have been in a way harrassed at work for a few years by my supervisor by treating me a lot different from my other co-workers (my supervisor has done many spiteful things to me privately). i was a good employee and helped in every department that needed help (worked for doctors). i would like to try and sue because i have seen my supervisor do the same thing to someone else in a round a bout way. my job is not a job you can go anywhere to find. they also informed me i would have to wait two years to get my pension plan rolled over which they never informed us or gave us any information about the plan until i requested it when i left. they fired me because i refused to go to a contracted site, but the thing is they hired someone else that will take at least a year to train or longer. do i have a case.
you want reasons (making me come into work with a spranged ankle twice-one i had a doctors excuse. 3 people had surgeries that i had and was marked off automatically 6 weeks and i had two surgeries and was asked when i could return. supervisor gave me a nasty picture of a mammagram (man's face looking through box at boobs).

Last edited:

H

hexeliebe

i would like to try and sue because i have seen my supervisor do the same thing to someone else in a round a bout way.
Then go ahead and try to sue. However, you have not stated one iota of legal grounds for damages so you would lose.

they fired me because i refused to go to a contracted site,
For which I would have also fired you. And which is perfectly legal.

but the thing is they hired someone else that will take at least a year to train or longer.
and the thing is, this is completely and utterly irrelevant.

do i have a case.
In a word....NO.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nothing you have posted suggests that you have any legal case against the company. It is legal to fire someone because the supervisor does not like them, however unfair this may be.

What you describe as harassment also does not qualify as illegal, unless you are prepared to show and back up with some kind of evidence that you were treated this way BECAUSE OF your race, religion, national origin, gender, age (over 40 only), disability or pregnancy.

When a pension plan can be rolled over is entirely dependent on your plan document.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">