• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated Volunteer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Like I mentioned before, I know that I may have mis-read anything I thought were signals.

I was either right and she changed her mind or I was wrong and that still ends in the same result.
However, everything has gone past that phase by now.

I was just surprised by the consequences of termination as opposed to other things such as a change in assignment
or probation.

Just Blue

Like I mentioned before, I know that I may have mis-read anything I thought were signals.

I was either right and she changed her mind or I was wrong and that still ends in the same result.
However, everything has gone past that phase by now.

I was just surprised by the consequences of termination as opposed to other things such as a change in assignment
or probation.
Are you in some sort of program or are you volunteering out of the goodness of your heart? If it is a program...What type is it?

Dandy Don

You would be better off looking for a volunteer position in a different place, and there are many that would be willing to accept your services.

Please don't mention this agency when you get a different volunteer position, as the former agency may be tempted to give you a bad reference that may try to inhibit your ability to get a different position. Let this bad experience be a lesson to you and put it behind you and move on!

justalayman

One would have hope that the lesson learned here was that, while at "work" (volunteer or otherwise), one should engage in work, not attempts at fostering romantic relationships with coworkers.
I have to disagree with you folks on this. Many many long term relationships and even marriages are due to work place contact.

I also see no issue with offering one’s phone number to co-worker.

This situation is obviously much more than simply a person seeming to “have a drink” with a co-worker.

the ops “reading of the signals” such as “side glances” is seriously creepy. So what if another glances your way. Especially given the op added that there is proof of these side glances available on the security camera footage, it suggests an unhealthy review of others actions. Maybe the nurse was discretely observing the op due to some concern with a behavior exhibited by the op and was simply remaining vigilant for her safety.

As well, the claim that pink scrubs somehow suggested flirting. some hospitals actually mandate department colors. If the colors are not mandatory, pink is not an unusual color for a female to wear. Additionally pink is considered to be a calming color so it could actually be worn to benefit the nurse in her duties when contacting patients.

The op has shown a level of defense that suggests their actions were much more than a simple note seeking a date with the nurse. It shows an unhealthy thought pattern which leads to a very poor interpretstion of others actions.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
the ops “reading of the signals” such as “side glances” is seriously creepy. So what if another glances your way. Especially given the op added that there is proof of these side glances available on the security camera footage, it suggests an unhealthy review of others actions. Maybe the nurse was discretely observing the op due to some concern with a behavior exhibited by the op and was simply remaining vigilant for her safety.
I agree with your entire post, JAL, but the ^ is spot on. How many of us have "looked back to see if someone is looking back at me"? If you have the unsettling feeling that someone is watching you, it's natural to try to confirm that feeling. And surreptitious glances would be a way to accomplish that.

OP, you weren't terminated from your community service because you gave a coworker your digits. You were terminated because you have some seriously misguided beliefs and caused your coworker alarm. Please. Leave it be. Leave her be.

Just Blue

I have to disagree with you folks on this. Many many long term relationships and even marriages are due to work place contact.

I also see no issue with offering one’s phone number to co-worker.

This situation is obviously much more than simply a person seeming to “have a drink” with a co-worker.

As well, the claim that pink scrubs somehow suggested flirting. some hospitals actually mandate department colors. If the colors are not mandatory, pink is not an unusual color for a female to wear. Additionally pink is considered to be a calming color so it could actually be worn to benefit the nurse in her duties when contacting patients.

The op has shown a level of defense that suggests their actions were much more than a simple note seeking a date with the nurse. It shows an unhealthy thought pattern which leads to a very poor interpretstion of others actions.
I agree. That's why I wanted to know if OP was in a program.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">