• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination of child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Thanks, but I was actually looking for legal advice, not a personal attack and hateful attitude. No response is necessary. I’ll await a response from somebody willing to help.
There was nothing "hateful" nor "attacking" in stealth's posting to you. Most of the members here prefer, for very good reason, to deal with one of the legal parties.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There was nothing "hateful" nor "attacking" in stealth's posting to you. Most of the members here prefer, for very good reason, to deal with one of the legal parties.
I tried to present the post in a less hateful and personally attacking way. Of course, it's simply the exact same words, since there was nothing hateful or personally attacking in the post in the first place.

BeansSC

Appt with attorney has been made. Thanks to those who actually gave helpful responses, but this is certainly the last time I will seek answers that are not clear on record from a forum.

Just Blue

I tried to present the post in a less hateful and personally attacking way. Of course, it's simply the exact same words, since there was nothing hateful or personally attacking in the post in the first place.
I noticed that...

Just Blue

Appt with attorney has been made. Thanks to those who actually gave helpful responses, but this is certainly the last time I will seek answers that are not clear on record from a forum.
Hopefully you will stop posting other peoples legal situations on the internet.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The second half of your second sentence is nonsensical.

LdiJ

The decree states only that “the father will pay the mother $250.00 per week for both children” as this was their pre-agreed terms before filing. They chose not to set support by the guidelines at the time. However, now that one child has aged out and support would be half of the agreed amount, the mother wants to go back for modification to try and get more money for one than she previously got for both. And sadly, the court system tends to go strictly by the guidelines without taking other circumstances into consideration. Like that the mother has ALOT of inheritance money in the bank and has chooses not to work for many years. She is 100% physically and mentally able to work and clearly doesn’t not NEED to. Therefore, she uses that as her leverage as an unemployed mother.
If a case for modification is brought before the court the court will assign support according to the guidelines, period. The only possible exception to that is if the non-custodial parent has a serious issue with disability or the disability of a dependent child.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm sorry that the prior poster wasn't considerate and presented a personal attack and hateful attitude to you.
Wait - I wasn't? I did? Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. And I'm not even Catholic.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">