• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

termination question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

newblood

What is the name of your state? Kansas

A co-worker and myself were terminated yesterday for what I believe is a wrongful reason. We wrote humorous stories relating to what we did (tech support) and circulated them about the call center. We where fired for those stories and what the company felt were unprofessional actions our characters did. The stories parodied the call center environment and we drew from real experiences to create the stories. So there is two questions here.

1. Is there any action I and my co-worker can take against our former employer?

2. Was what we wrote protected by Parody Law?

Beth3

"1. Is there any action I and my co-worker can take against our former employer?" Nope.

"2. Was what we wrote protected by Parody Law?" I have no idea what Parody Law is even if there is such a thing, I can't imagine it remotely applies here. You may parody your job or management team all you wish to. If they don't like it, they're perfectly free to walk you to the door.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
First of all, you do not have a wrongful termination - not even close.

Secondly, the Parody Law has to do with copyright infringement and has no bearing on your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">