• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terroistic threats from father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Linda Joyce

What is the name of your state? KY children with dad in OH

First, my ex refused to allow children to visit with me in my home for summer vacation, after it was already discussed and agreed on ealier in the year,we have shared parenting, but in process of being modified, waiting on courts. I have sent a visitation denial letter to him, made him angry, then I went up to OH to see children since he would not allow them to come down here, while up there I filed contempt charges on him. My son's birthday is this month, the other day the father calls me and does not act in a decent manner at all, he was drinking (my daughter told me, not beer mom but rum) anyway he proceeds to yell at me saying "what do you plan on doing for sons birthday" I told him I was going to do something with both of them while they were down here, but you would not allow them to come down, I will do what I can when birthday comes(about 3 weeks)anyway he then proceeds to bad mouth my husband and my other 2 children I ask him not to or I will hang up, he keeps it up, I hang up, he keeps this up for 2 hours, while children are in the same room he is, he threatens to kill me and my husband in one of the conversations( if you want to call it that)needless to say I was quite upset , he called 7 times in a 2 hr. period. I told him time after time not to bad mouth children or I will hang up which I did.( bad mouthing the 2 that I have with current husband).The next day I went to prosecuters office here in my state and filed a domestic violence order on him, he is not to have any contact with me, although I still can talk to my other 2 children that are with him. (I am trying to make this short, ) I am trying to get custody of children that are with him, he says they will never come down here unless I kill him, which I won't, I am trying to do all of this legally. I don't reaaly have a question, I am just asking for opinions here and see how others if anyone else has ever been in this type of situation, how the outcome was, please it's tearing me up not having my children here and the courts are sooo slow, I am afraid he may up and leave with them when he is summoned on the DVO . Thanks for any comments.

Grace_Adler

I'm not real clear about a couple of things. First do you guys have a custody order? If so, what kind? Is there a visitation order? If so, what does it say? Document everything that happens. Take the records with you to court about how you've had to file that domestic charge against him. Sounds like he's trying to interfere with parent/child relationship and that's going to look really bad on his part. From what I understand, if you keep giving him enough rope to hang himself he's going to and you'll have a good chance at custody. Oh yeah, does he have any other "dirty laundry" ?

L

Linda Joyce

actually he had charges on him last year for phone harrassment from his other ex. We have a shared parenting agreement which states we basically have 50/50 of parenting/visits/ etc. and I have informed GAL of everything so far( she is currently on vacation, but I have left her messages ) she basically got tired of his bull also, we were suppose to go to mediation, but he refuses to allow children by my husband( I have been married to current husband almost 10 years now) we have helped this man out in the past when he needed it, etc. of course for the children's sake, and when he's back on his feet, then we are no good to him. See, when my oldest started in Middle school, we went to mediation and I let him have residential custody so son could go to a better school, (the one by me was full of gangs, drug dealers, etc.) father was remarried schools were better where was living, that was 2 years ago. Since then he divorced, has been with another woman, and left her too, I retired from my job( company downsizing) took the money and bought land and home down here, rural area, small town, good schools, and wanted to bring other 2 children here also, so they can finally have a stable home enviroment(he must have moved 5 or 6 times in the last 2 years) I believe and so does my family, he is jealous, and mad that I moved so far away, and yes he has buried himself before by his own actions, and I also believe he is using children to get to me. My son wanted to come down here so bad, I hear in his voice how hurt he is, my daughter is mad at me and that hurts me, although she still says she loves me and that helps.

L

Linda Joyce

Oh, I forgot to say, GAL handed motion back to mediator and told her to take it to a judge, so now I'm waiting on a court date for that, it has been almost a year now since I filed for a modification.

Grace_Adler

Unfortunately these court battles can take forever. Bring up all of this stuff you have mentioned in court. I don't think the fact that he has been moving around alot is going to look good on his part and I know the fact that he has been interfering in your relationship with your children is going to look bad on him and in most cases that is grounds to change custody. I know that it is here. Especially if he ever denies you visitation. If and when you get the orders modified make sure you get everything specific in there. If he ups and leaves he's going to be in big trouble and you can file a emergency temp custody order if he does that.

Hope this helps a little.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">