• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TEXAS CPS DE NOVO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Forteofcourse

I'm in Texas I'm I'm waiting for the court date for my de novo hearing. My attorney fired me or whatever, when I said that I wanted to have a De Novo hearing. So I have a few questions, I can't get I can't get answers from anybody. First of all the Rules for administrative hearing proceedings are supposed to be followed the same as any law, correct? Since they are part of the Family Code. If a judge refused to hear youre objections on the record, since we weren't having court just getting assigned attorneys, and then proceeds to accept the prosecutor asking for an order of hair follicle test. She then threatened myself and my son's father; saying,"if I get a report that either one of you didn't take it I'll putting you in jail for 6 months and 1000$ fine." It's obviously just an administrative judge as well. The state has not had to prove anything. I've been told numerous times that it's "It's her court, she does what she wants, and she always takes the child and puts him in the states care care for at least 6 months before shell even think about visits. They ignored being told my son was icwa eligible. Didn't try to reach out to them until right at out "administrative" hearing. But we had already been in contact with the icwa case worker so she didn't miss the "time frame of 10 days the tribe has to respond, before waving all rights to intervene. They've never looked into any next of kin. I was forced under duress to sign that paper outside of the court room, I didn't know that my "attorney" had went in their and plead for me already even though she knew I didn't agree. She wouldn't even attempt to give me directions on what I should do to try to prepare to be able to object at the adversary hearing. I was also told "You do that and you'll piss her off, she make your life hell, you don't want that. You've gotta be in front of her for a year. Shell make you obsurd amounts of things to then just back door you and say, "though you've completed all the tasks you didn't learn what The cps workers felt you needed too."" Like I can't even comprehend a little bit how cps workers, regular people, can not only take your kids, for any amount of time, with no evidence. But to then allow them to take them forever because they don't feelitd be safe for your kid to live with you because you didn't do some fn classes or didn't learn what they "think you need too". With no credentials to properly evaluate and Diagnose anyone.i guess I didn't really state what it is I'm asking. And laws, case laws, or Other authorities to support what I think. Also. What would be the best way to prepare for a de novo? Any advice on anything in relation to the above would be appreciated!!

Forteofcourse

I know but nobody can take me as a client because they haven't "officially removed" her from being my attorney. It's a jacked

Just Blue

I'm in Texas I'm I'm waiting for the court date for my de novo hearing. My attorney fired me or whatever, when I said that I wanted to have a De Novo hearing. So I have a few questions, I can't get I can't get answers from anybody. First of all the Rules for administrative hearing proceedings are supposed to be followed the same as any law, correct? Since they are part of the Family Code. If a judge refused to hear youre objections on the record, since we weren't having court just getting assigned attorneys, and then proceeds to accept the prosecutor asking for an order of hair follicle test. She then threatened myself and my son's father; saying,"if I get a report that either one of you didn't take it I'll putting you in jail for 6 months and 1000$ fine." It's obviously just an administrative judge as well. The state has not had to prove anything. I've been told numerous times that it's "It's her court, she does what she wants, and she always takes the child and puts him in the states care care for at least 6 months before shell even think about visits. They ignored being told my son was icwa eligible. Didn't try to reach out to them until right at out "administrative" hearing. But we had already been in contact with the icwa case worker so she didn't miss the "time frame of 10 days the tribe has to respond, before waving all rights to intervene. They've never looked into any next of kin. I was forced under duress to sign that paper outside of the court room, I didn't know that my "attorney" had went in their and plead for me already even though she knew I didn't agree. She wouldn't even attempt to give me directions on what I should do to try to prepare to be able to object at the adversary hearing. I was also told "You do that and you'll piss her off, she make your life hell, you don't want that. You've gotta be in front of her for a year. Shell make you obsurd amounts of things to then just back door you and say, "though you've completed all the tasks you didn't learn what The cps workers felt you needed too."" Like I can't even comprehend a little bit how cps workers, regular people, can not only take your kids, for any amount of time, with no evidence. But to then allow them to take them forever because they don't feelitd be safe for your kid to live with you because you didn't do some fn classes or didn't learn what they "think you need too". With no credentials to properly evaluate and Diagnose anyone.i guess I didn't really state what it is I'm asking. And laws, case laws, or Other authorities to support what I think. Also. What would be the best way to prepare for a de novo? Any advice on anything in relation to the above would be appreciated!!
Why were your children removed from you by CPS?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
From Forte's profile:

Hello, I don't know what I'm supposed to put here; is it supposed to be an introduction about me as a person. Or a few facts about what it is I'm seeking advice for?
I'll just do a little bit of both. I'm a 25 year old living in texas, and I just had a baby 1.5 months ago.
Needless to say my son was taken illegally, I know a lot of people say that, but I'm not in denial. I'm not going to say dfps didnt have grounds to maybe come interview me or even have my son go live with his father. Who literally had nothing to do for the reason for cps even intruding on both of our lives
But anyway, I have a lot of questions kind because when I told my attorney I didn't agree and could sign an agreement for the safety plan and cps keeping my sun I was forced to sign it outside of court. She had already went on the record pleading for me even though I didn't agree. That's not even 1/60th of all the crap I've been being told. So now I'm stuck with no attorney and kinda clueless on when and want to file and how to write it out

Oh p.s. I guess I'll have to make a social media account?

(Not much more info.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">