• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas intestate succession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stephen1

What is the name of your state? Where in the Texas statutes does it address intestate succession when there is a surviving spouse?

I tried reading on-line sites that supposedly dumb down intestacy. I noticed that they leave gaps, such as nowhere do the charts address what happens when there is no spouse or children but the deceased is survived by two parents and siblings (the charts I looked at address one parent plus siblings or siblings but no parent).

So, I found the Texas Estates Code, Title 2, Subtitle E, Chapter 201, Subchapter A - Intestate Succession. But it starts with "ESTATE OF AN INTESTATE NOT LEAVING SPOUSE". I'm trying to find the statute that addresses what happens when there is a spouse. By the way, I did find in the above referenced subchapter what happens if the deceased is survived by two parents whether there are siblings or not.

adjusterjack

Thank you.
Of course the question you can't answer is "why couldn't I find that?"
No biggie.

I have 18 years on these legal websites, a ton of experience reading statutes of every state, and a life time of analyzing insurance policies.

And Texas statutes aren't that easy to wade through. :giggle:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">