• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Life Insurance & Annuities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandiepowers

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Texas Resident.

With reference to Life Insurance and in the State of Texas, if I am on long-term disability through my employer because of Cancer reoccurrence, can an 'occasional' live-in friend/boy friend, that claims I am his common law wife, (of which I deny) and if I should die, can this individual automatically inherit my life insurance benefits, etc? If I have a Will of Testament in place, can that override? This individual is an alcoholic that I felt sorry for, (I know it doesn't pay), I eventually a few months ago had to get a restraining order to get him out because of the stress factor and my treatment - also in hopes 'to wake him up '. I succeeded but he stopped drinking and begged himself back in and now working, planning to move next week, lbut I"m getting highly susipicious. I have let him know he has to get his own place ASAP> Can you advise please. SP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">