• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

texas life insurance company has not paid claim says they are innocent party my son n

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sparkett6419

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Texas does terminating parental rights cancel son as beneficiary on life insurance if dad left him on their? He told me he was leaving it like that to make up for not being there for my son. He named me first but we are divorced so insurance says it cancels me out. He named our son cotingent beneficiary and the insurance says they will pay claim to the right legal party, but the grandpa also sent in claim and wants the money. The grandpa already recieved payment on policy where he was named as beneficiary but now wants this money too. Insurance company says they advise all parties to come to an agreement but grandparents want it all. They named my son in his fathers obituary, first tried to make me sign it over to them when I didn't they sent our divorce decree and now sent papers to insurance company showing where he terminated his parental rights. The insurance company says it could cost us alot of legal fees.We don't have alot of money and don't know what to do. He left no will or estate. Thanks for any help.

Dandy Don

You need to decide whether to get your own business law attorney or probate attorney to fight this or immediately file a claim with your state insurance commissioner (look for the number/address in the phone book or do a GOOGLE search on a search engine on the phrase "Texas Department of Insurance" to find contact information) to have this investigated.

What is the policy worth that you were named beneficiary on, and is it a separate policy that named grandpa beneficiary--how much has he received?

I believe the insurance company is mistaken (you might not inherit from his estate if you were divorced from him), but as long as you were named the primary beneficiary then the money should be immediately payable to you, and your status as a divorcee should not even be a factor. If the insurance company truly believes that what they say is true, you or your representative should ask them what they are using for the basis of their claim.

Get someone to fight this and you will come out the winner!!

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

sparkett6419

texas 3rd party trying to claim life insurance from son

Texas is where we live. Lots of insurance companies have told me my son is intitled to money even if father terminated rights after our divorce. He named him contingent after me and my insurance agent says that is still good and he has good claim. It's the insurance saying they our innocent stake holder and want to make sure legal claim is made to the right party. The grandfather is not named beneficiary on it at all and he got $10,000.00 on another insurance where he himself was named but now wnats this one too. I called state insurance commission board they say there is no statute against my son getting the money but insurance company is dragging their feet. If I get lawyer which kind should I get? Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">