• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Non Disclosure Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

If a person is arrested 2009 for capital murder and it was lowered to Agg Robbery 2011 and given 10 years deferred. No other criminal history.

1. Can that person, after completing the deferred successfully and waiting the 5 years, have the agg robery non disclosured?

2. Is there anything by current law to have the capital murder arrest nondisclosured too?

quincy

If a person is arrested 2009 for capital murder and it was lowered to Agg Robbery 2011 and given 10 years deferred. No other criminal history.

1. Can that person, after completing the deferred successfully and waiting the 5 years, have the agg robery non disclosured?

2. Is there anything by current law to have the capital murder arrest nondisclosured too?
By "nondisclosed" do you mean sealed or expunged?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

What US state?
What does "person"'s attorney say about the matter?

FlyingRon

Subject line says TEXAS.

The answer appears to be yes (if there is no other criminal history). After completing your deferred adjudication probation successfully and then waiting another five years, you can make the petition. The only banned felonies are things like murder, kidnapping, stalking, protection order violations, and anything that requires sex offender registration.

FlyingRon

I thought only nonviolent misdemeanors were eligible?
You need to read a little further in the section you posted. GC 411.072 covers non-violent misdemeanors. GC 411.0725 covers other misdemeanors and felonies. There's only a handful of prohibited ones as I stated (listed in GC 411.074). I looked up the section numbers listed there, none are the agg robbery.

quincy

You need to read a little further in the section you posted. GC 411.072 covers non-violent misdemeanors. GC 411.0725 covers other misdemeanors and felonies. There's only a handful of prohibited ones as I stated (listed in GC 411.074). I looked up the section numbers listed there, none are the agg robbery.
Ah. I only skimmed through the sections. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">