• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Pre-Nup

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amandad777

What is the name of your state? Texas
I'd like to know if it is possible in the State of Texas to create prior to the marriage a legally binding document betwen my fiancee' and I stating that in the event one should seek divorce that from the point of filing no divorce may be final until both parties submit to marriage counceling for a set period of time. The one and only exclusion we wish to have created is that a felony conviction or domestic violence were to occur. (I am even considering leaving that one out as it is not a foreseeable issue. If the unthinkable were to happen then counseling would certainly be benefecial no matter what.) We have both been divorced twice and feel we have finally met the "right one" to spend the rest of our lives with and have no need to create a typical prenup that divides assets. However, this is something we want to do and I think it's either Mississippi or Louisiana who has a process called "Covenenant Marriage". Anyway, I want to know if that kind of pre-nup is binding. Any legal info or personal experience with this type of thing would be helpful. I wouldn't mind creating this trend in my own community.
Thanks in advance.
Amanda

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 items to place into a Texas prenuptial agreement:

NUMBER 10: If I catch you looking at nude men/women on the Internet, I get to kick you in the groin until you're comatose.

NUMBER 9: Must wear Phantom of the Opera masks during sex.

NUMBER 8: The pick-up truck belongs to the person who last drove it.

NUMBER 7: Child support terminates when children reach the age of 43.

NUMBER 6: If after 4 years we remain childless, we each are allowed to have uncontrolled sex with the neighbor of our choice.

NUMBER 5: During domestic violence, we may each use a baseball bat.

NUMBER 4: During sex, wife must exclaim, "Baby, surrender the Alamo!"

NUMBER 3: In the event of divorce, I get everything, you get your underwear.

NUMBER 2: Gets to watch wife wave the Texas State Flag - - from between her legs!

AND, the NUMBER ONE item to place into a Texas prenuptial agreement:

No Armadillo t.v. dinners!

IAAL

A

amandad777

For some reason I am feeling the need to include road kill BBQ as well as armadillos to the pre-nup...
Here's my thought...I am not dealing with anyone from Texas here, am I? After all, if I was I am sure I would hear about cactus on the toilet lid and the need to include that under no circumstances can broken down cars be parked on the porch, right? And about that horse eating all of the canteloup in the garden out yonder next to them there tomato's (SP).
NEWSFLASH: I don't think roadkill is a problem! But thanks for the laugh! YEE-HAW!

A

amandad777

By the way, I do agree wholeheartedly with #8 of liable's post. After all, in Texas, when somebody is really mad at you, you want to steer clear of the truck if they had it last at all costs! I'd like to add that it is a bad idea to eat the soup, also.

P

Paperconcepts

You forgot to place in your top 10 list that Texas foreplay shall consist of the following:
"Get in the truck, bitch"

A

amandad777

Beth--
I see that you are from Texas so I am going to let you get away with that one! That one hasn't ever worked on me, though. I guess things work differently in some areas of Texas perhaps and Thank God for it!
Now, Does anybody know anything about this! I feel like I am in the middle of A Dave Letterman nightmare! LOL!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">