• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Transmission Shop has my car-I don't want to fix it-do I have to pay anything?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blair2012

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Texas

My transmission quit.

A transmission shop was given the symptoms over the phone and said he might be able to repair it for around $350. That seemed ok to me and I authorized him on the phone to have it towed to his shop for a diagnosis and repair estimate.

He says his inspection indicated more extensive damage and that a complete overhaul would be required and the cost would be $2000+

The blue book on the car is $900 on a good day if it was in excellent condition, with a working a/c... not this week.

As far as I am concerned I can't see paying over twice what it's worth and the car can go directly to crusher.

Do I have to pay the transmission shop anything?

blair2012

1. He advertised free towing.
  2. We did not agree on a price for diagnosis, or discuss any hourly rate.
  3. I don't want what is now a piece of junk.
  4. Don't need any reassembly.
  5. He can keep the full tank of gas :)

He stopped calling me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">