• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Worker Compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

greg hines

What is the name of your state? Texas.

Today Workers Compensation denied my claim for benefits.
1) CHF, (Chronic Heart Failure) "Is not covered". "It is a sickness".
2) "The thirty day rule applies" I first saught treatment in Sept. 23, 2002. I had an artificial heart valve implanted in November.
3) I used my group insurance to pay for my medical expenses and payed the co-pay out of pocket. He said I could have used "one or the other", but since I chose my group carrier I could not use W/C.
1) It wasn't until I read the medical records and it said, The heart is significantly enlarged from the prior X-Ray and I did some research did I realize it was work related.
2) I did notify my employer within thirty day after my research.
3) In Sept. I went to the Dr. because I had a problem. I continued to work until I was admitted. My last visit was to the Emergency room. From there I went to intensive care for two weeks, I was supposed to call my employer and file a claim for W/C?
The one thing that I don't understand, the adjuster denied my claim before he had any medical information!? Before he ask the Doctors if it related to my employment. How can a decision be made without all reasonable information?
Can I pursue this claim or am I beating a dead horse.
Thanks for your advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">