• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Thank you tracey (duplicate response to Pain and heartache)

• Thread starter Pained_but_grateful
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pained_but_grateful

Thank you Tracey. (Lawrat and IAAL too) You guys are the best when it comes to response and opinion.

1) The lawyer that I am interesed in goes for about 15/hr. how many hours is a reasonable amount for a criminal defense. or what amount of money am I looking at spending.

2) I have to meet with the Commonwealth atty as soon as he gets my case. At thatpoint I will ask him to push for a restraining order, etc. in the court.

As for the hole once it was brought to my attention as a concern, I filled it in
with plastic wood. I did a bad job of it, but I tried to relieve roommate x's concerns, before they were even pointed at me.

It was after I filled it in where I screwed up like a dumbass, I tried to say it isn't
much and it could be there by accident. I told her that I might have even been
the one to do it by pulling a screw anchor out. This was before I knew that she
hated me. I was just trying to be ease her worries by saying that it could have
been me, because we at one time were like brother/sister and I thought she
knew that I would never do anything like that.

Soon after is when she told people that she knows I was looking in at her, andhas made claims that I did so, of which are not true.She turned my words around against me.

Should I still go and get the compound and do a nice job of fixing it up? Or does that seem too much like a cover up?

When I told the magistrate about my concerns (ie. this so called hole), she sort of laughed and said how big can it possibly be? When I told her not that big at all (screw anchor missing).about the size of a straw. She asked how much can you possibly see? I told her that I don't know because I didnt even attempt to do that,but have you ever tried to look at anything through a straw?

Deep down inside, I don't think that I will get in any trouble. But when I asked the magistrate what would be looking at if X filed charges and i was found guilty.
Mostly it would be her word against mine. When the magistrate said 12 months sentence
and $2500 fine. I almost choked.

What are the chances that if by some freak of justice I am found at fault that I
would do such a hard sentence? This would be my first offence, besides 2 traffic
violations over five years ago.

I really want to end all this, but right now I am not in control.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">