• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

That's the power company's responsibility:::

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LifeOnAChain

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Hi, I have a bit of a problem concerning liability. Yesterday morning the garbage truck came up my street and pulled the phone line completely down. The truck also pulled the electric service and part of the siding away from the side of my house. Both of these sets of wires string from my home across the street to a pole. I called the disposal company, naturally i assumed that they would be liable for the damages. I was told it's not their responsibility, i should call the power company. I did, they came out to ensure that the electrical cables were secure but would not fix the electric service (the metal pole that all the wires feed into to give the house power) I really don't think i should have to put this through my homeowner ins. I was looking at it as similar to if a truck kicks up a rock and it damages someone's property, in that circumstance the insurer of the truck would pay the damages. Anyone know how i should persue this?

djohnson

Contact the disposal company again and talk to someone else. The damage would be thier responsibility. Proving however is going to be something else all together. If they deny it happened then your homeowners is going to be the only option.

L

LifeOnAChain

thank you for your input :: i did contact them again as well as the town manager who by the way agrees that it is their responsibility. they refuse to pay, so i am in the process of getting the name of their insurance carrier and i will call them and put a claim in.

be well :: carole

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">