• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The best option

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nichka

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hello!
Here is my situation. I am ready to file for a citizenship right now and also about to marry. My boyfriend entered US legally but overstayed his student visa, he has a SSN. After I get a citizenship I will petition him as a husband.
The question is: is that better for us first to marry and file for citizenship for me as already married person (so when we come to the interview for a getting permanent residence status for him we will have some proof that we married for some time) OR it doesn't benefit the fact of marriage - BEFORE filing N 400 for me now or AFTER.
Can the immigration officer be suspicious to the fact that we married right after getting my citizenship?
We love each other and live for a year already and there is no hot rush for getting marriage certificate, we just want to know when is the best time to marry for us IF IT'S LATER CAN SOMEHOW INFLUENCE GETTING A PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR HIM.
Thank you very much for your advices!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">