• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The Dept. of Health sent me a certified letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PamiToni

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I don't plan on picking it up. Will they try to bother me at my home or job it I don't?

racer72

The Free Advice crystal ball is in the shop right now, without knowing the contents of the letter or even what it may be about, there is absolutely no way to answer your question.

tranquility

We don't know if they will bother you further. However, if they can prove the address of the letter is your correct address, then they can legally act as though you received and read the letter.

P

PamiToni

We don't know if they will bother you further. However, if they can prove the address of the letter is your correct address, then they can legally act as though you received and read the letter.
Absolutely bizarre! I don't understand why they would even write to me. I admit I was bitten by my dog a week ago but the dog warden came out and my dog is okay. Also I know that my house is not all that tidy but I didn't invite anyone in, my husband did the gardening and I am in the process of doing a clean house project of my own.

As for my sexlife and whom I keep company I sincerely hope that they mind their own business, I don't even talk to my husband about it and he doesn't talk to me about his sexlife and who his partners are either.

Ozark_Sophist

There are statutory requirements the local and state health departments must follow for every reported dog bite.

Is your animal up to date on the rabies vaccine? I ask because propylactive rabies vaccination for humans runs from $3500 to $5000.

P

PamiToni

Yes of course he is as I stated to the doctor and dog warden

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As for my sexlife and whom I keep company I sincerely hope that they mind their own business, I don't even talk to my husband about it and he doesn't talk to me about his sexlife and who his partners are either.

Huh?

Honey, if your sex life is such that the board of health would have even the remotest interest in it, for your own SAFETY I'd suggest picking up and reading that letter.

If it isn't, what makes you think they'd give a hoot about it?

P

PamiToni

Huh?

Honey, if your sex life is such that the board of health would have even the remotest interest in it, for your own SAFETY I'd suggest picking up and reading that letter.

If it isn't, what makes you think they'd give a hoot about it?
I'm just trying to cover all the bases of what it could be about. I'm certain that they have no interest in my sexlife or to whom I partner that activity with.

are you kidding?

well, if your "partner" got a disease like HIV or gonnorhea (spelling), by law, they have to notify you so you can get treatment and not pass the disease on. GO PICK UP THE LETTER!!!

P

PamiToni

None of my partners are sick. The are all normal men with decent jobs and families too. Most of the time we are friends with benefits so don't think I'm going out and being with men I don't actually know. Sexual diseases don't happen in my circle of friends.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You are the one who raised the issue that the letter might reference sexual behavior. No one here suggested it.

If you want to play games with the board of health, that's up to you. It's foolish and short sighted and you'll very likely regret it. But if you want to act like an idiot, no one here can stop you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sexual diseases don't happen in my circle of friends.
Amazing - that's the kind of thinking that led to a big epidemic starting in the 80's...hrmm, I wonder what that could be...oh yeah, AIDS! But, then again, your circle of friends is immune to that sort of thing :rolleyes:

msiron

Sexual diseases don't happen in my circle of friends.
That's a big fallacy.

The are all normal men with decent jobs and families too. Most of the time we are friends with benefits so don't think I'm going out and being with men I don't actually know.
and this an even bigger joke that you would think your the only one these married men sleep with... LOL.

Get The Letter

dont forget that when you sleep with someone, you are also sleeping with every person they ever slept with and if the mens wives are stepping out as well and then sleeping with their husbands and then you do, you could be in contact with people you do not even know. If you do not get the letter and then spread a disease, depending on what it is, you could be in legal trouble for not getting it.

TIMMAAYY

Maybe your dog is sueing you for his own vaccinations that are required after biting you. :eek:

Go pick up the letter. It could be ANYTHING. It might even be GOOD news. But bad or good, you need to be able to defend yourself legally or take action if required, depending on the contents of the letter. Simply hoping that it will go away is asking for trouble.
As was mentioned, if they can show that it was to a "good address" they can consider it served if it was sent certified mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">