• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the deserving daddy's never get custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

legg954

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?FL my husband and i are trying to decide whether or not to pursue taking custody of his 2 children from his ex. she always threatens to move them away and now she has gotten her house in foreclosure and is telling the children they are moving. what can we do to stop this. they have shared parental rights, but he never has any say about the kids. we are very involved with them. she is remarried and her husband (who is the same man she cheated with) is always threatening mine to even kill him. he also tells these threats to the kids. his son is very upset about this when he is with us. how much do we have to take before we can get custody without going in debt?

P

psfunkytek

Get an attorney

I'm a little confused as to who the OP is in relation to the children, but I can tell you this. Getting the court to have the kids move BACK once CP is already gone is significantly more difficult that keeping them from leaving in the first place.

The NC parent needs an attorney NOW and you should probably request a custody evaluation, I've heard that the courts USUALLY order one when one parent or another wants to take the children away. Many times the burden is on the parent who want to move to show that the move is in the best interest of the children. The comments that are being made about treats to kill one person or another are highly innapropriate, if not worse, but you need to be prepared to back up these allegations if you have to go to court. The judges are used to hearing people say and/or accuse the other parent of any and everything to WIN their case. Don't be surprised at how the truth get burried in a court hearing.

How ever long you think the case will take, and how ever much you think it will cost, I'd say tripple it and you might be close. Has NC parent tried to talk to ex about this?

Gracie3787

legg954 said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?FL my husband and i are trying to decide whether or not to pursue taking custody of his 2 children from his ex. she always threatens to move them away and now she has gotten her house in foreclosure and is telling the children they are moving. what can we do to stop this. they have shared parental rights, but he never has any say about the kids. we are very involved with them. she is remarried and her husband (who is the same man she cheated with) is always threatening mine to even kill him. he also tells these threats to the kids. his son is very upset about this when he is with us. how much do we have to take before we can get custody without going in debt?
Until your husband can get an attorney he needs to file for an emergency injunction to prevent his ex from taking the kids out of state.

He can go to http://www.flcourts.org/ click on Family law forms to get the forms:

12.941 (a) Verified Motion for Temporary Injunction to Prevent Removal of Minor Child(ren)

and

12.941 (b) Temporary Injunction to Prevent Removal of Minor Child(ren) (ex-parte)

He also needs to look into getting a restraining order against the ex's husband.

T

titansfan

only dad can file stepmom cant

"we" cant get custody, your husband can get custody, you, as a stepparent, can do nothing legally, you are a legal stranger with no rights.mom needs to get both your husband and the court's permission in order to move, just up and moving could result in a change of custody.

Shay-Pari'e

titansfan said:
"we" cant get custody, your husband can get custody, you, as a stepparent, can do nothing legally, you are a legal stranger with no rights.mom needs to get both your husband and the court's permission in order to move, just up and moving could result in a change of custody.
Your repetitive postings are getting boring, I'm afraid. But we will all watch to see if you can actually help, or just be the idiot that you are.

Stay tuned for more repetitive postings from Titan/aka/to many forum names to count.

You do give me a chuckle though.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">