• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the green arrow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I was recently run into while turning on a green arrow by a woman who came into the intersection from the oncoming traffic because she didn't stop behind the two cars in front of her. She swerved around them and entered the intersection and my car received $6,000 damage. There was a witness. The other driver didn't even report the witness info to her insurance co. Now the driver has a lawyer taking her case and she's told him I was at fault. Since her insurance company has already told me that she was liable, how can her lawyer pursue legal action against me? Doesn't he get info from both insurance companies and investigate the scene?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, perhaps what this attorney is doing is a frivoulous claim. In which case, gather all the written proof (especially from insurance company) saying the other party was at fault and then take it to the state bar and report this attorney.

Hope this helps.

C

court watcher

sorry, but I disagree with lawrat.

There are often two sides to a story. Let the case pan out; if you have good witnesses and the facts are in your favor, that will all come out. The lawyer, who is probably on a contigent fee basis, will then drop the case. Or if he continues, and loses, he will not be compensated for his time.

Going to a state bar every time a lawyer took a position that others did not like is not the appropriate response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">