• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The harassing ex-wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm the step-parent. My husbands ex-wife carried my step-daughter on her insurance for 7 years....no issues.

I have been quiet for many years and watched the neglect of my step-daugher for way too long. My step-daughters mother has driven around drunk with 2 children in the car many time. We have several wittnesses and have notified the police, but the police have to catch her.

After I had my new baby, the my step-daughters mother became very jeolous and started making harassing phone calls and text messages in the middle of the night. She has also stalked me. I was hoping to keep ingoring and she would go away. I got upset and started confronting her when she brings her daughter to my house an she is flat drunk. Also, my step-daughter has had lice (8) times in one year. I had a new baby in the house and the school sent my step-daughter home with lice and her mother never told us. So my step-daughter comes to my house and her mother never told me about the lice. She did it on purpose because of my new baby. She used her own daughter as a weapon.

That is just a little piece of the fustration I'm going through.....as a mother, I can't just sit back and watch her neglected......is very sad to watch. Her mother is a alcoholic and needs treatment.

What I really need help trying to understand. How can a lawyer write a document that they will drop the suit if the former spouse gets a divorce? That spells out why she is doing the suit in the first place.

You need to stay out of it. Oh and by the way your husband committed fraud. Just to let you know. OH and just to add: Children who are around other children get lice. That is a normal incident if children are around other children. It happens.

The divorce was a rush due to his wife being pregnant with another mans child and they wanted to be married before the baby came.
He never told the court his wife was pregnant at the time of the divorce did he? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The husbands ex-wife was very pregnant when she divorced my husband. We know the child is not his. My questions is, she obviously lied to the courts, does that void the divorce? She wanted a quick divorce so she could marry the father of her child before the child was born.

We are fine, I'm not concerned about any problems. I just didn't know what someone could create a law suit about back insurance premiums and then state they would drop the case if their former spouse divorced their current spouse. We are not signing the document.

If we do go to court, what would a judge think about this? It's obvious this is not about getting money for the child, it's about getting rid of the new wife.
YOUR HUSBAND LIED TO THE COURT. He knew she was pregnant. Legally that baby was his as well. YOU are NOT involved in this. YOU are NOT a party. YOU do NOT sign anything.

GoogleGirl1

For starters, you (or any new spouse) should never be telling the other parent what they are doing wrong- that is a recipe for disaster.

Agreed. However, when it becomes a matter of safety, my opinion is all bets are off. We are not talking about disagreeing about bedtimes or frivolous things; we are talking about somebody drunk driving with kids in the car. If the mother shows up drunk to drop off the kids, CALL THE POLICE!!! Report her for drunk driving, the police will do something! You would report a stranger for doing it, wouldn’t you???

LdiJ

For starters, you (or any new spouse) should never be telling the other parent what they are doing wrong- that is a recipe for disaster.

Agreed. However, when it becomes a matter of safety, my opinion is all bets are off. We are not talking about disagreeing about bedtimes or frivolous things; we are talking about somebody drunk driving with kids in the car. If the mother shows up drunk to drop off the kids, CALL THE POLICE!!! Report her for drunk driving, the police will do something! You would report a stranger for doing it, wouldn’t you???
THAT would have been appropriate...for the father to do. The new wife taking it upon herself to chastise the mother was NOT appropriate.

mommyof4

And ater reading all of this, I'm still left here wondering (since the issue of fraud has been soundly addressed) how they managed to get a quickie divorce online without addressing custody/child support of their un-hideable child of the marriage?

So, basically, the situation is this...

You exercised very poor judgement to marry a man who doesn't hesitate or balk at committing fraud to get what he wants.

You don't like the ex-wife and have decided to take it upon yourself to bestow your parenting expertise upon the mother of a child who is not yours.

Your husband is a spineless wimp.

You KNOW the second child is not his because you were watching all of his little swimmers to make sure that they were not the guilty culprits during the moment of conception.

You can't understand why this woman has taken it upon herself to try to figure out any way to keep you seperated from HER child.

Good job. You must be so proud.

Advice: Shut your mouth, keep your hands, feet, and sneers to yourself. When she drops the child off at your and your husband's house, your husband (you know, the FATHER OF THE CHILD) should go to the door and deal with Mom. You? You should be in a separate room, preferably lavishing all of the love and expertise on YOUR child.

GoogleGirl1

The new wife taking it upon herself to chastise the mother was NOT appropriate.

A Step Mother chastising a Mother for driving drunk with her kids in the car.. Yes, how "NOT Appropriate" :eek:

I don't care if the either of these ladies are the Queen of England! It's not about them; it is about the safety of those kids. If you knew your neighbor was driving drunk with kids in the car, would you not call because it is "not your place"?

BUT, ultimately agreed that Dad should be taking care of this himself.... was Dad not home when the kids were dropped off? If so, then Step Mom shouldn't even be answering the door!

Silverplum

:rolleyes:
How very thrilling to get the unconsidered non-legal opinion of a newbie.
:rolleyes:

The new wife taking it upon herself to chastise the mother was NOT appropriate.

A Step Mother chastising a Mother for driving drunk with her kids in the car.. Yes, how "NOT Appropriate" :eek:

I don't care if the either of these ladies are the Queen of England! It's not about them; it is about the safety of those kids. If you knew your neighbor was driving drunk with kids in the car, would you not call because it is "not your place"?

BUT, ultimately agreed that Dad should be taking care of this himself.... was Dad not home when the kids were dropped off? If so, then Step Mom shouldn't even be answering the door!

GoogleGirl1

So far from my reading most replies have been opinions. I guess I’m not part of the club so I don’t get to have one :confused:

mommyof4

So far from my reading most replies have been opinions. I guess I’m not part of the club so I don’t get to have one :confused:

Ahhh, but our 'opinions' are based on relevant law.

See, the point is that the OP shouldn't even know what condition Mom is in as she should BUTT OUT and let the father of the child deal with the mother of the child.

Understand?

cuz regal follows her husband around every where he goes. never lets him or his member out of her sight for a milisecond. not even to go to the bathroom. it's an absolute fact.:cool:
Do not be shocked by this as My Ex's wife does exactly that. No I am not kidding, I even have witnesses to the fact.

Humusluvr

Do not be shocked by this as My Ex's wife does exactly that. No I am not kidding, I even have witnesses to the fact.
How do you have a witness that has followed your ex husband and his wife around every millisecond of the day to prove dad is not boffing anyone but wife? That's creepy, and this thread is becoming stalker weird. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Isis1

witnesses? so do they follow ex-wife around while ex's wife is following ex around? so he has this entourage? i got to agree with humus. very stalker creepy. or celebrity-like. not sure which.

mommyof4

so i took a quick second to google what the heck a lemming was**************LMFAO!!!
See? You've now had a successful day. You learned something new.

Granted, I'm sure you could have gone your whole life without knowing what a lemming is, but just think, in one of those odd moments in life, someone might ask you, "What is a lemming, anyway?", and you will be able to impress the masses with your extensive knowledge of all things lemming.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">