• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The IRS lost my taxes and wont pay off the loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zoie8237

hi
i live in california. in feb i filed my taxes on line. in april the irs states they never recieved my taxes, but in march someone from the irs called late at night and left a message about my return. so someone had them at one time. I called and was thrown in circles with the irs at least 20 times. 3 supervisors were supposed to call me back never did. Finally at the end of april i spoke with a manager and she told me they have never been filed so she advised me to refile them. i asked if i could go somewhere like h&r block to file them. she said okay. then i asked if it would be okay to do there fast tax program and she said if my taxes were anywhere on file that it would not accepted the loan so i could try. so the next day i did. the loan was acceped and the very next day i got a $2,500.00, a portion of my return. h&r block told me that the rest of the money would be there in a week. when i called a week later it wasn't there so again i called the irs and they told me i had two taxes filed and they would take up too 12 weeks to get my money to me. later that week i recieve a letter from household tax masters, the loan company and they want there money now and they are turning me into the collection department. now i am working with the tax payers advocate service but they can't get the money issued for a couple of weeks at the least. so what do i do now. i paid h&r block 90.00 out of my return for the loan and for it to be filed by them and i feel like i paid to have my credit screwed. everytime i call anyone its like they don't care everyone just wants there money. What can i do
???????help!!!!!!

L

loku

Two returns

You are currently doing the best thing you can by working with the taxpayer Advocate Department. Try explaining the whole thing to household tax masters, including the expected refund in a few weeks, possibly. Also contact H&R Bock to see if they can help in any way. Eventually, when this is straightened out with the IRS, try and have them help repair your credit rating if that does get hurt in this. The least they can do is issue an explanation so you can use it to repair any credit problems.

Z

zoie8237

Thank you
I just feel like when i speak with them i am getting no where. But i will keep trying if that is all we can do
zoie8237

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">