• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the mom has taken baby to another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jac4565

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
My son and his wife have a baby 5 months old, they live in the apartment beside us. My son has been working to support his family, and his father and I help take care of the baby, but his wife has not been very happy here, she's from California. A few weeks ago she took the baby to "visit" her family in California. She and the baby were supposed to be there only 2 weeks, after the first week she was gone she called my son to say she wanted to stay out there for an extra week, he said that was fine. But this sent a red flag up with his father and me, we told him we were afraid that she wasn't coming back, he dismissed this because he loves and trusts her, (there are reasons why he shouldn't) anyway they were supposed to come back in 4 days, but she called yesterday and said that she has decided not to come back until the end of May! My son has decided to surprise her and fly out there for a long weekend visit, he misses both of them so much and is worried that his son will not remember him because he is so young. We are so worried that she will never bring back our grandson. My son and his wife are only 22 years old and he is very trusting but he is starting to wonder what her intentions are. My question is what can be done in a situation like this, does he have any rights to his son if she decides she wants to stay in California?

mommyof4

First piece of advice? Stay out of your son's and his wife's marriage. How they conduct their lives is their concern. You have no idea what she is planning to do and your issuing dire warnings and projecting your fears on your son (HER husband and father of her baby) is only going to cause problems.

Your son chose this woman to be his wife and mother of his child. Trust that you raised your son to be a capable, intelligent man who is capable of dealing with any issues that may come up.

Second piece of advice? If your fears do come to fruitition, tell your son to create his own account and ask his own questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">