• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The Mother's Written Statement Alleging Paternity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

@}--IoWa----
I do not know the process of filing for child support and I have many questions pertaining to
The Mother's Written Statement Alleging Paternity.

1. If there is more then one Alleged Father, do you name both Alleged Fathers on one form or seperate forms for each?

2. Is this confidential information?

3. Will all the Alleged Fathers receive The Mother's Written Statement with all the Alleged Fathers named?

4. Will the Alleged Fathers receive each others names or information or can they request this information from the Child Support Recovery Unit?

Any answers would be much appreciated! Thanks, Shannon:)

R

Roscleo

Ok I really don't know or have a clue about most of what you asked, but I am quite certian all of the alleged fathers have to be notified. As far as every having each others names and information I am not sure how they do that. Have you tried calling Social Services, or the CSE office and asking them all of your questions? They may have some more solid information for you if you can't seem to get any answers on here.
Good Luck:)

CMSC

Shannon&Fuad said:
@}--IoWa----
I do not know the process of filing for child support and I have many questions pertaining to
The Mother's Written Statement Alleging Paternity.

1. If there is more then one Alleged Father, do you name both Alleged Fathers on one form or seperate forms for each?

2. Is this confidential information?

3. Will all the Alleged Fathers receive The Mother's Written Statement with all the Alleged Fathers named?

4. Will the Alleged Fathers receive each others names or information or can they request this information from the Child Support Recovery Unit?

Any answers would be much appreciated! Thanks, Shannon:)

I will tell you what I know from when I filed for support in Coloradoa. If there were more than one father you put everyone's name on one sheet but then you fill out all personal info on seperate sheets. There was one girl who was so embarrassed because she went up and got 15 sheets to fill out!! Then she realized she read the question wrong, she thought they wanted to know everyone she had slept with in her entire life! Ha! I thought that was funny! :D Anyway on to your other questions.

No the alleged fathers can't request info on each other. There is a reason why when alleged fathers are published in the legal section of the papers that they are not named, it is not public record.

I am only asking these questions because I spoke with Bobbi Jo the other night and I asked her why she did not inform the Child Support Recovery Unit and Fuad that there may be more than one alleged father. Bobbi Jo said that she did name all the alleged fathers on the Mother's Written Statement Alleging Paternity, but on the form that we got, only Fuad was named. So, if she did name all the alleged fathers, would all of their names be on the Mother's Written Statement Alleging Paternity, without their personal information as address, etc.? Thanks, Shannon

CMSC

Shannon&Fuad said:
I am only asking these questions because I spoke with Bobbi Jo the other night and I asked her why she did not inform the Child Support Recovery Unit and Fuad that there may be more than one alleged father. Bobbi Jo said that she did name all the alleged fathers on the Mother's Written Statement Alleging Paternity, but on the form that we got, only Fuad was named. So, if she did name all the alleged fathers, would all of their names be on the Mother's Written Statement Alleging Paternity, without their personal information as address, etc.? Thanks, Shannon
Here are some of your state laws on your situation:

"The department shall, upon request, provide the name, address, social security number, and any other identifying information of a registrant to the biological mother of the child; a court; the department of human services; the attorney of any party to an adoption, termination of parental rights, or establishment of paternity or support action; or to the child support recovery unit for an action to establish paternity or support. The information shall not be divulged to any other person and shall be considered a confidential record as to any other person, except upon order of the court for good cause shown. If the registry has not received a declaration of paternity, the department shall provide a written statement to that effect to the person making the inquiry. "

Also I know that you have had some problems with CSE wanting your fiance to pay his back support and I am not sure if they are still hounding him so here is Iowa's law on that.

"If the court finds that the establishment of paternity is overcome, in accordance with all of the conditions prescribed, the court shall enter an order which provides all of the following:

a. That the established father is relieved of any and all future support obligations owed on behalf of the child from the date that the order determining that the established father is not the biological father is filed.

b. That any unpaid support due prior to the date the order determining that the established father is not the biological father is filed, is satisfied. "

Thank you!
I am not too concerned about the Mother's Written Statement, we just believe that if we have the biological father's name, then it may help us in some way for our judgment that we have entered against Bobbi Jo.
The back child support has been satisfied thanks to that Iowa Code. I was searching through the Iowa Codes and I found that code and I requested a hearing to satisfy the back child support. During the hearing I presented that code to the judge and he agreed that Fuad owed nothing. lol Bobbi Jo thought that life was so easy and that money grew on trees, but she was proven wrong. Shannon:)

CMSC

Shannon&Fuad said:
Thank you!
I am not too concerned about the Mother's Written Statement, we just believe that if we have the biological father's name, then it may help us in some way for our judgment that we have entered against Bobbi Jo.
The back child support has been satisfied thanks to that Iowa Code. I was searching through the Iowa Codes and I found that code and I requested a hearing to satisfy the back child support. During the hearing I presented that code to the judge and he agreed that Fuad owed nothing. lol Bobbi Jo thought that life was so easy and that money grew on trees, but she was proven wrong. Shannon:)
Actually Shannon after I posted I got to thinking, maybe you should be looking at the bigger picture. If there is a chance you could find out if the state was given the names of all alleged fathers and did not require DNA tests on any of them, the state needs to be held liable! I don't feel like going through all your posts but were Fuad and Bobbi Jo married? If not why was paternity only now established?? I personally think you have a bigger case with CSE and the States handling than with Bobbi Jo.
I am assumig you are not on exactly great terms with Bobbi Jo but is there any chance you could get her to tell who bio dad is? then maybe you could find out if he ever had to fill anything out with Social Services before Fuad was ordered to pay support.

My suggestion for getting her to reveal the bio dad would be to tell her that you will go after him for the support she owes you (I am not suggesting you go after him, but it will give her a reason to give up his name) then you can get ahold of him and straighten a few things out.

maybe I really got your case confused with someone else because I thought in a post you had said that you went on judge judy and then in another post you said that the winning party would get the money right there and then Bobbi Jo would have to pay back Judge Judy. Maybe I am mixing up posts, probably, I am so confused!!:D

ellencee

Somebody check out the General Statutes for Iowa, establishment of paternity. I'm too brain-fried to do it after trying to read and understand Illinois' General Statutes and North Carolina's General Statutes. Originally, I thought Ohio's were scary, but Ohio's turned out to be pretty darn logical.
I'm just not up for Iowa, but it's in there, I assure you.

If there is a chance you could find out if the state was given the names of all alleged fathers and did not require DNA tests on any of them, the state needs to be held liable!

I HAVE CONTACTED NOT ONLY THE CHILD SUPPORT RECOVERY UNIT MANY OF TIMES, BUT MANY ATTORNEYS AS WELL, AND THEY STATE THAT THE INFORMATION CONCERNING THE ALLEGED FATHERS IS CONFIDENTIAL AND IN ORDER FOR FUAD OR ME TO RECEIVE THAT INFORMATION, BOBBI JO WOULD HAVE TO GIVE HER CONSENT TO RELEASE THAT INFORMATION TO US.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't feel like going through all your posts but were Fuad and Bobbi Jo married?

NO, FUAD AND BOBBI JO WERE NEVER MARRIED, BUT NOT ONLY WERE THEY FRIENDS IN THE PAST, THEY WERE LOVERS AS WELL.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am assumig you are not on exactly great terms with Bobbi Jo

I HAVE FORGIVEN NOT ONLY FUAD, BUT BOBBI JO AS WELL FOR THE AFFAIR THAT THEY SHARED TOGETHER, BUT I WILL NEVER FORGET THE PAIN AND SUFFERING THAT THE AFFAIR CAUSED ME.
Is there any chance you could get her to tell who bio dad is? My suggestion for getting her to reveal the bio dad would be to tell her that you will go after him for the support she owes you (I am not suggesting you go after him, but it will give her a reason to give up his name) then you can get ahold of him and straighten a few things out.

NO, BOBBI JO WILL NOT GIVE US THE SATISFACTION OF "KNOWING" WHO THE ACTUAL BIOLOGICAL FATHER IS.
AND ACTUALLY, IF FUAD AND I WERE TO EVER RECEIVE THE BIOLOGICAL FATHER'S NAME, WE WOULD REQUEST THAT HE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE JUDGMENT THAT WE HAVE ENTERED AGAINST BOBBI JO, AND I HAVE EXPLAINED THIS TO HER MANY OF TIMES, BUT SHE REFUSES TO GIVE US HIS NAME.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------why was paternity only now established??

FUAD BELIEVED THAT HE WAS THE CHILD'S BIOLOGICAL FATHER AND THEREFORE HE DID NOT CONTEST TO THE PATERNITY WHEN THE CHILD SUPPORT RECOVERY UNIT ORDERED HIM TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT. FUAD BEGAN TO CONTEST TO THE PATERNITY ONLY WHEN BOBBI JO BEGAN TO DENY HIM ANY VISITATION. FUAD FATHERED THAT CHILD AND LOVED AND SUPPORTED HER UNTIL A PATERNITY TEST PROVED THAT HE WAS NOT THE CHILD'S BIOLOIGCAL FATHER SEVEN DAYS BEFORE THE CHILD'S FIRST BIRTHDAY.
I thought in a post you had said that you went on judge judy and then in another post you said that the winning party would get the money right there and then Bobbi Jo would have to pay back Judge Judy.

YES, FUAD AND I DID DECIDE TO CONTACT JUDGE JUDY AND FILE OUR CASE THERE, BUT WE WERE UNABLE TO DO SO, BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT OUR CASE HAD ALREADY BEEN FILED HERE IN IOWA AND A JUDGMENT HAD ALREADY BEEN ENTERED AGAINST BOBBI JO. NOW, IF BOBBI JO WERE TO FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY, AS SHE SAID SHE PLANS TO DO, WE MAY THEN FILE THE CASE THERE, BECAUSE THERE WOULD NO LONGER BE A CASE OR A JUDGMENT AGAINST BOBBI JO.

THANKS, SHANNON:)

CMSC

Hmmm....what a mess. I don't quite know how you are going to get bio dad to pay if Bobbi Jo is the one the judgement is against. Is there anyway of getting it dropped from her and take him to court for it? I am a little split on that idea because it wasn't really his fault that he was not ordered to pay in the first place, but like I said in another post on here, if you all live in a small town or neighborhood like I do, I feel that if someone is pregnant and these men slept with her then they should automatically come forth as daddy, with out being asked!!
Shannon hear is one more suggestion to find bio dad, if it is really that important, try looking at court dockets with Bobbi Jo's name on them. If bio dad is ordered to pay support it will say so on one of Bobbi Jo's court dockets somewhere. Or if he has taken her to court for visitation there will be record of it.

Here is the link to Iowa Courts online, http://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/DefaultFrame

ellencee, you want to be brainfried try reading Nebraska Statutes on anything relating to family affairs and then read court rulings, case law, etc. They don't quite seem to match up with each other!!!

ellencee

ryry's mom

that's why I keep saying there's a big difference in the law, the interpretation of the law, and the application of the law! :p

ryry's mom,
We really do think alike, because
I have been searching Iowa Courts Online and Public Records since Fuad was ordered to pay child support. And, I made the mistake of telling Bobbi Jo that if she ever were to file to receive child support from the biological father, not only would we receive his full name, but his date of birth as well, from the Public Records. Bobbi Jo has told us many of times though, that she has contacted the biological father and he does not want to be any part of the child's life, because he is in college, and she also said that she was not going to file for child support. But, I figure if her boyfriend is going to adopt the child, as she said they plan to do, there would be some form of Public Records that would mention the biological fathers name, right? Thanks, Shannon:)

ellencee

Shannon&Fuad
You could really use some input by one of these attorneys, so I'll try and be brief--but, I think the biological father would not owe Fuad anything and Fuad would not have a claim against the biological father, at all. I think that if the biological father is found to owe back support et al that the money would go to the mother, Bobbi Jo, who would then owe reimbursement to Fuad.

Whatcha think?

and, how do you pronounce Fuad's name?

CMSC

ellencee said:
Shannon&Fuad
You could really use some input by one of these attorneys, so I'll try and be brief--but, I think the biological father would not owe Fuad anything and Fuad would not have a claim against the biological father, at all. I think that if the biological father is found to owe back support et al that the money would go to the mother, Bobbi Jo, who would then owe reimbursement to Fuad.

Whatcha think?

and, how do you pronounce Fuad's name?
I agree with ellencee, I just thought you could tell her bio dad would be responsible so she would give up the name, but obviously that would not work.

I am not certain if you and Fuad would be able to obtain bio dad's name if he placed child up for adoption. I don't know if termination of rights for step parent adoption is sealed like regular adoption. I also am not certain her boyfriend would be able to adopt. Bio dad has not been legal father long and he has not really (in the eyes of the court) been given a chance to be dad. Also if Bobbi Jo were to marry her boyfriend her chances would be greater. I think the stability of marriage is what encourages a court to allow step parent adoption.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">