• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The required duty of HR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

witzeroni

mlane - You are wrong when you state that there is no timeline in when the employer needs to get back to you.

The statute, in part, states:

' The employer shall provide the employee with the inspection opportunity within 7 working days after the employee makes the request or if the employer can reasonably show that such deadline cannot be met, the employer shall have an additional 7 days to comply.'

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And you are wrong that any race has more rights than any other. Read the law for yourself if you don't believe me.

Where on earth are you getting the idea that HR is responsible for what is on your pay stub or direct deposit receipts? Haven't you ever heard of Payroll?

Last edited:

CourtClerk

A few points:

Sometimes I think people live in fantasyland who reply. See, in the real world, it is a HUGE plus to be African-American when it comes to having certain rights others do not have. If you don't know this, then you are incredibly naive. In fact, they raise test scores of Blacks for jobs, school admissions, etc.
LMAOOOOOO.... that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

But it does sound like one thing... the OP has NEVER been black.

witzeroni

Okay CourtClerk - they don't raise the test scores of Blacks and they don't have laws that specifically protect them and not Whites. People just believe that for some oddball reason, but it is not so. In fact the EEOC was set up to protect the rights of White people, right? Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo..

witzeroni

'And you are wrong that any race has more rights than any other. Read the law for yourself if you don't believe me.' Welcome to Fantasy Island! Explain what happens when companies raise peoples scores on entrance exams purely because of race!!!!!! Would they be able to do that legally for White people?? A very silly question.

'Where on earth are you getting the idea that HR is responsible for what is on your pay stub or direct deposit receipts? Haven't you ever heards of Payroll?'
Sure have, but sometimes payroll is run by a person in HR!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And much more often it is not! Where I work, Payroll is not even in the same building as HR.

And just to reiterate, neither HR nor Payroll is required by law to give you a statement after your termination as to how much you were paid overall.

Go ahead, read the discrimination law and tell me where it says Caucasians are excluded.

witzeroni

Again cbg, feel free to answer the question as I will pose it again:

Explain what happens when companies raise peoples scores on entrance exams purely because of race!!!!!! Would they be able to do that legally for White people??

pattytx

mlane - You are wrong when you state that there is no timeline in when the employer needs to get back to you.

The statute, in part, states:

' The employer shall provide the employee with the inspection opportunity within 7 working days after the employee makes the request or if the employer can reasonably show that such deadline cannot be met, the employer shall have an additional 7 days to comply.'
Employee. Not EX-employee.

pattytx

A few points:
Again, my direct deposit receipts only show the total amount added to my checking account, nowhere does it show the gross amount.
Not buying it. The stub part of the advice is EXACTLY the same as if the payment were a negotiable check. The "check" part of the advice says NON-NEGOTIABLE. The STUB looks exactly the same. I'm not talking out of my hat here; I've used ADP for several years.

CourtClerk

Again cbg, feel free to answer the question as I will pose it again:

Explain what happens when companies raise peoples scores on entrance exams purely because of race!!!!!! Would they be able to do that legally for White people??
How does one know the race of the test taker when the exam is being taken and/or scored?

Do they use a different colored pen? An entirely different exam? How about one that just requires them to write their name only and they get the highest score?

I don't want to scare you or anything, but they started allowing minorities to be educated and attend universities a while back. At least a week or so. They even have become doctors, scientists, and (not that I like him all that much) THE PRESIDENT. Scary, I know.

They let them out of the cotton fields. Darn that Abe Lincoln.:rolleyes:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Besides which, the argument is pointless. If one looks back, one sees that our racist troll of a poster's whole point is that there was no reason for termination listed in his file, and his entirely mistaken belief that had he been of another race, that failure would have given rise to a discrimination claim.

Since the law does not require that there be a reason for termination listed in the file at all, this hypothetical black employee that has all the rights our poster believes he does not, would not have a claim for discrimination either.

And I think it's pretty clear why the poster was fired.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">