• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

THE VOICE LEGAL DOCS ... too much power?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlyingRon

Reality TV isn't. If you want to participate, the terms of the agreement is pretty much that you sell your soul to the show for whatever they offer you.

quincy

Reality TV isn't. If you want to participate, the terms of the agreement is pretty much that you sell your soul to the show for whatever they offer you.
That is what the reams of papers for The Amazing Race indicated. In addition, for that show, if you were injured or died during one of the stunts they required you do, the fault falls entirely on you. You waive all rights to recover damages.

Some people obviously will trade their privacy and their legal rights for a chance at fame or money. It works for some people but the majority will walk away from an appearance on a tv show with nothing more than a local news story on them.

quincy

Here lies Mr. B. Rich, he passed away while bungee jumping from an airplane.

:poop:
I know on The Amazing Race there were some serious injuries to contestants. At the beginning of the show, the stunts were more dangerous than they appear to be now.

I doubt there is a whole lot of physical risk in participating in a singing competition, but many of the contestants have been mercilessly ridiculed. Most go back to whatever they were doing before their appearance on the show.

I am reminded of one company that capitalized on its less-than-flattering exposure on a 60 Minutes segment, where its business practices that resulted in several claims of fraud were featured. The company began an advertising campaign with a banner that said, “As seen on 60 Minutes.” :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">