• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft or Not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Candi46

If your now ex-wife, were to take money out of your checking account and savings account that only had your name on the account and not hers is this theft? Can anything be done about it? Just seperated though at the time it occurred.

C

Candi46

Walk up window or phone call to a friend who works at the bank and had money transferred from one account to her account. This is a small town bank. Friend no longer works there after being confronted by the sister of whose accounts it was being taken out of.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Candi46:
Walk up window or phone call to a friend who works at the bank and had money transferred from one account to her account. This is a small town bank. Friend no longer works there after being confronted by the sister of whose accounts it was being taken out of.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then the first step will be to approach the bank manager and ask to see details of the transaction. If there is no proof of your authorization then ask him what the bank intends to do..

Your next step depends on that answer..

T

texred

Is there a time limit on when you could have done something about this. The same thing happended to me about 4 years ago and did nothing to my ex, but now she keeps threatening me with things. Thinking about using this as a threat back to her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">