• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

THEIFT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jbrauning

What is the name of your state? OKLAHOMA

Hello,

How can a sheriffs deputy charge me, for consealing a stolen vehicle/Property for my wife’s and I’s vehicle

My wife's car was stolen during a movie night sleep over at a home 4 miles north of our home in a rural area near that home is a housing devolopment with a know problem of vehicle theift (according to the deputy that made report with my wife) I had to run to bank before they closed that Saturday morning I was critical of my wife because she lost her key fob in her car so doors were unlocked just had to jump in take off she seemed to have a reason to think maybe I fooled her unwilling at first to contact police I advised her to make report however I’m not gonna lie Her thought I may had something to do with it maybe just to teach her a lesion I thought that was laughable so but I remained silent just for a little leg pulling verse clearing the confusion she had since she was seriuosly thinking that I may have took it 5 hours later there was a call/report walker got that a car was parked in tall grass 60’ from road on the same road we live on weird? Yes my thoughts also or setup? Really was dumbfounded near are home but not on my property came to my house I’m at work at this point (names removed) search my home Shop vehicles at my home and camper after threaten my wife she would be in trouble in they didn’t look no warrant for me at this time one week later (name removed) shows up to were I was working (service company so diffirant location everyday) arrest me without question me mad cause he said he has been call I said no what the number your calling from he said private told him my phone setup to reject those calls and that’s my problem he said so I spend three days in jail she jail holiday weekend bondsmens wouldn’t answer I've made every payment every made on the car she got the vehicle a week and a half before we began dating and are married now

Cop didn’t were seatbelt or put mine on
And had rifles unsecure in back seat

Now hired lawyer paid bond totaling over 3500 right now

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
It's unclear exactly why you were arrested and charged with theft, and you've said nothing about what evidence the cops may have to think you committed the theft. But in any event you have a lawyer and it is only that lawyer that you should talk to about this. Your lawyer wouldn't be happy that you are posting information about your case on the internet where anyone, including the prosecutor, can see it. Your posts can be used against you if the prosecutor finds it. You've given enough information here that it would be pretty easy to identify you, especially if you used your real name as your member name. So don't post anything more on this and talk only to your lawyer.

quincy

Without punctuation your post is very difficult to read and understand but I agree with Taxing Matters. If you have an attorney, all questions should be directed to him and all discussions about what has happened to you should be cleared by him prior to discussion. It can be harmful to you and your case to make public comments about it.

One note: The seatbelt use is a nonissue but having unsecured rifles in the backseat is disturbing.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">