• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Therapist Patient Privilege

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In a general way, I agree with Blue, and I'm also pretty rigid about it. But in this case, the assignment was not to do the research; it was to write a story. We did not write the story; we helped with the research. As a writer and a former teacher, in my mind that is not the same situation as the ones we usually see. In the usual requests, the poster is asking us to do what the professor expects him to do. In this case, the poster is still the one completing the assignment.

Just Blue

In a general way, I agree with Blue, and I'm also pretty rigid about it. But in this case, the assignment was not to do the research; it was to write a story. We did not write the story; we helped with the research. As a writer and a former teacher, in my mind that is not the same situation as the ones we usually see. In the usual requests, the poster is asking us to do what the professor expects him to do. In this case, the poster is still the one completing the assignment.
The way I see it is the research will make the story better thus getting a better grade for OP. The grade, IMHO, would be better deserved if he did the research that made the story good and believable. KWIM?
Even lil'blu agreed with me when I asked her opinion on it. But then again she HAS been brainwashed by her harsh mother...:p
Signed Me,

Wicked Witch of the West. (Formerly Known as Wicked Witch of the East) ;)

FlyingRon

This is not the case where the teacher sends him out to do primary research on the subject. As far as getting background information for a story, I know of no English teacher at any level that's going to fault someone for asking professionals in any field for the information rather than trying to self educate themselves (which may be extremely difficult to do properly).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">