• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Therapy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Troysgirl

Both of my sons were in therapy, one still is. Because I needed to get them help to learn coping skills after they found out, after 5 years of their father not caring, that he wanted more time with them. He was non existent through our youngest sons therapy, but as soon as he graduated, he started harassing me, asking the therapist for our oldest sons session notes, and grounding him for the things he said. Their father and step mom are very emotionally and mentally abusive. Which is the only reason I took them to therapy. A month ago he physically abused our oldest. My question is, if there is no court order stating that he has to be in therapy, can I take him out? He is worse now than before I took him to therapy. Also the father only shows interest, which is always detrimental, when he’s gearing up to take me back for modification. He has never won and always gets reprimanded by the judge.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Both of my sons were in therapy, one still is. Because I needed to get them help to learn coping skills after they found out, after 5 years of their father not caring, that he wanted more time with them. He was non existent through our youngest sons therapy, but as soon as he graduated, he started harassing me, asking the therapist for our oldest sons session notes, and grounding him for the things he said. Their father and step mom are very emotionally and mentally abusive. Which is the only reason I took them to therapy. A month ago he physically abused our oldest. My question is, if there is no court order stating that he has to be in therapy, can I take him out? He is worse now than before I took him to therapy. Also the father only shows interest, which is always detrimental, when he’s gearing up to take me back for modification. He has never won and always gets reprimanded by the judge.
What do you mean by physical abuse? Did you report said abuse to the police? Was dad prosecuted?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Much depends on what sort of custody the two of you have. While you may not be required to have them in therapy, Dad may be able to put him in therapy himself, on his time.

Troysgirl

What do you mean by physical abuse? Did you report said abuse to the police? Was dad prosecuted?
Much depends on what sort of custody the two of you have. While you may not be required to have them in therapy, Dad may be able to put him in therapy himself, on his time.
After 7 years of emotional and mental abuse, the father was throwing a racquetball at him. He hit him 5 times, an left 2 bruises. My husband reported it to CPS because my son talked to him about it first. CPS went to the fathers home, and the father has cameras in his home because he has been robbed twice. He had the incident that took place recorded. Somehow in his mind he believed the recording would prove his innocence. After the social worker saw the recording CPS opened a 140 day investigation. They will be going into his home several times while the children are there to observe their behaviors, and give them parenting advice. My son was grounded the entire weekend for telling us. My sons words “My dad and Erica said that I’m grounded because it’s my fault that they’re in trouble, then they told both of us that we scare them.” He had to sit on his bunk bed that entire time. This was again reported to the social worker. She said she would talk to her supervisor, but although she is very sorry, they probably won’t be able to do anything about it. It’s so bad with counseling that a social worker from the counseling center has been coming to my home and visiting with me for moral support, for several months.

The father only has visitation. I am the custodial parent.

Just Blue

After 7 years of emotional and mental abuse, the father was throwing a racquetball at him. He hit him 5 times, an left 2 bruises. My husband reported it to CPS because my son talked to him about it first. CPS went to the fathers home, and the father has cameras in his home because he has been robbed twice. He had the incident that took place recorded. Somehow in his mind he believed the recording would prove his innocence. After the social worker saw the recording CPS opened a 140 day investigation. They will be going into his home several times while the children are there to observe their behaviors, and give them parenting advice. My son was grounded the entire weekend for telling us. My sons words “My dad and Erica said that I’m grounded because it’s my fault that they’re in trouble, then they told both of us that we scare them.” He had to sit on his bunk bed that entire time. This was again reported to the social worker. She said she would talk to her supervisor, but although she is very sorry, they probably won’t be able to do anything about it. It’s so bad with counseling that a social worker from the counseling center has been coming to my home and visiting with me for moral support, for several months.

The father only has visitation. I am the custodial parent.
Was this never reported to the police? If not...Why?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">