• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

There has been a complaint filed at the police station from my jib i worked at 6 months ago of some nightly deposits never making it to the bank

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gabe2421

What is the name of your state?Florida

There has been a complaint filed at the police station from my jib i worked at 6 months ago of some nightly deposits never making it to the bank
I worked for a company closed 5 days a weeks a job i was never asked to do just made never trained to be a manager they knew i had experience and just put it on my scheduel. So at close we get our deposits in to a envelope but at the time i did not drive i was either walking and or bike and told them i did not feel ok with dropping the money i was told to leave it in the filing cabinet or safe so now 5 months later after i dont work there a cop shows up to ask me questions about this i was not home i was at work but they want to talk to me at the station. There were me and my gm who signed the nightly depsoits so can i get prosecuted for that?

Go to the police department with your attorney and talk to them.
If an officer, more likely a detective shows up at your work or home tell him you have nothing to say, and say nothing.

Gabe2421

A detective showed up at my house i was at work left a card i called he said when i could come in told him when i was off and we olanned for tomm morning what if i dont have an attorny

A detective showed up at my house i was at work left a card i called he said when i could come in told him when i was off and we olanned for tomm morning what if i dont have an attorny
Don't go.
Call the detective and tell him that you do not wish to talk to him and to please not try and contact you in future.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that ALL phone calls will be recorded by the police department, so don't offer any explanations or defenses, just invoke your right of silence.

commentator

This is not an employment matter, this is a criminal matter. You need an attorney before you talk to them. Since you do not even have transportation, I suspect that getting an attorney will be tough for you.

TigerD

Go to the police department with your attorney and talk to them.
If an officer, more likely a detective shows up at your work or home tell him you have nothing to say, and say nothing.
Do not go to the police department.
Go to an attorney. If your attorney says to go to the police and talk to them -- get another attorney.
Shut up.
Don't talk to anybody but YOUR attorney about the case. --- even online forums.

Gabe2421

Should I contact the detective to tell him to speak to my lawyer or wait until he contacts me i was supposed to go today to speak to them buy my attorny has told me not to go

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Should I contact the detective to tell him to speak to my lawyer or wait until he contacts me i was supposed to go today to speak to them buy my attorny has told me not to go
AGAIN - do NOT talk to the cops unless upon the direct advice of your attorney.
It really is a pretty straightforward answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">