• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

there trying to get me

  • Thread starter carlos Alvarado
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


carlos Alvarado

I was in an accident where both of us were at fault. I was driving my parents car, come to find out the insurance company did not have me listed as a driver on my parent’s policy. I was driving on the free way and we both sideswiped each other. When I seen her car there was minor damaged, the only thing that happened to her car was a black scuffmark on the side of her door caused by my side mirror. There was never a police report made and now she claims that I was at fault. Her insurance company sent me letters saying that I was at fault and now I have to pay $900 in damages. When I asked her company to send me picture and an estimate the picture did not match up to the damaged cause that day. They also sent the estimate that indicated that they want to charge me to remove the taillight and put it back with out replacing the light, which does not make sense or adds up to what happened. I have picture of my car that shows ONLY tire marks on my car. I know for a fact that the pictures that where spent to me where not concussive. What do I do, and if I do have to go to court am I in tiled to all picture of her car by law. Who if we do go to court will be fighting in court, her or the insurance company?



May I suggest you talk to an accident attorney in your state. Didn't you carry proof of insurance? Didn't your parents question it? Did they ask you to be on their insurance? Did they pay extra? These are all issues that must be answered before moving on to the question of who sues whom and what damages there are. Accident attorney usually don't charge consultation fees.

So that is a start. http://www.attorneypages.com or call your state bar association.

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential