• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

There was no category for this one. But are they trouble, or a scam?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elife

What is the name of your state? IL

She seems real. And she even called me today without me saying anything. We both seem interested in each other. She did use "God fearing" in her profile which sometimes Nigerian scammers use. And at times there is a long pause or won't answer a few questions. She gave me a intersection which a Starbucks didn't even exist at in a city near her. She doesnt talk Nigerian. But sometimes her typing is off. But she mentioned she was once raped by a family member. She also has a picture of her sitting down with a local fleece blanket or other material with the name of a local county sheriff office above her head in her picture laying on her sofa. The she had text me the other day. She sounds like a teenager but admits to being 44. She claims to be a teacher's aid for disabled kids. And wants to me after work at 4pm today. She is like 1 hour away from me. I did suggest meeting at the city closer to me, that has a nice library im familiar with. She said she a off message about money and that she has to pick up her kids from their school. We both seem to be perfect for each other. And she is a year younger than me. I'm just hoping she isn't a scam or something else. She also has a phone number that I checked online that seems legitimate.

quincy

What is the name of your state? IL

She seems real. And she even called me today without me saying anything. We both seem interested in each other. She did use "God fearing" in her profile which sometimes Nigerian scammers use. And at times there is a long pause or won't answer a few questions. She gave me a intersection which a Starbucks didn't even exist at in a city near her. She doesnt talk Nigerian. But sometimes her typing is off. But she mentioned she was once raped by a family member. She also has a picture of her sitting down with a local fleece blanket or other material with the name of a local county sheriff office above her head in her picture laying on her sofa. The she had text me the other day. She sounds like a teenager but admits to being 44. She claims to be a teacher's aid for disabled kids. And wants to me after work at 4pm today. She is like 1 hour away from me. I did suggest meeting at the city closer to me, that has a nice library im familiar with. She said she a off message about money and that she has to pick up her kids from their school. We both seem to be perfect for each other. And she is a year younger than me. I'm just hoping she isn't a scam or something else. She also has a phone number that I checked online that seems legitimate.
I recommend, if you believe she is a real person with a legitimate interest in you, that you meet her in a very public place and do not under any circumstance loan her money or get conned into handing over personal financial information.

You didn’t ask a question that any of us can answer.

quincy

There are certainly scams out there so one needs to be careful. I think that the best advice is to stay away from online dating connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">