• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They cant do this!!! Please HELP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

r0os

Hi I have a question. Can I be arrested when there is totally no proof or evidence except what parents say?

Here is the situation...

Parents in my little crappy town in Texas have come to believe that I am an ecstasy drugy. They believe it so much that they have put me at the top of a stupid list that they have made and are going to give it to the cops. They want to have me arrested because they believe that either I have a large amount or because I sell it. (which neither are true) If they came and searched my house they could find nothing (except maybe I pipe that has been smoked out of a while ago) Now the parents have no proof except that they have heard rumors (and in this town rumors are totally blown out of proportion.) Should I be worried about this? Can they possibly arrest me? I have a record w/ a midemeanor on it. does that make them come after me more? Kids at my school have been telling me to watch out and that cops will pull me over for no reason and search my car. I have also heard that if the police department gets anymore complaints the they will come arrest me. Can they arrest me just by complaints w/o any evidence? The parents seem to be trying to dig up enough evidence by words of kids also. Some are asking their kids who does drugs. This town if messed up. Thanks for reading.

calatty

You can't be arrested based on rumors, only evidence. If the police are aware of the rumors, they may pull you over on some pretext, so make sure your headlights are operative, registration up to date, nothing dangling from the mirror. They might try to set up a drug buy through a confidential informant. Or they might be less than honest to get a warrant to search your house. I'd get rid of that pipe, and whatever else, if I were you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">