• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They want my pension money back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bradagan3

What is the name of your state? Florida.Hi, I work for a large corp. and terminated my job in 2005 and then they rehired me in 2007. After I left in 2005 I applied and was approved to receive my pension benefit on a monthly basis and have received it during the time I was reemployed. So from June 2007 to June 2008 I received this benefit and now our Human Resources says I have to pay it back. Can they legally make me give the money back? Have I committed some kind of fraud? Thank you!:confused:What is the name of your state?

Bradagan3

Thanks Cbg for your reply. I didn't find anything in their plan that says anything about it one way or another.:)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As a general rule, you cannot collect a pension while working. In the absence of a statement specifically allowing it, I'd say you probably do have to repay them. But I doubt there's any issue of fraud.

There may be tax issues involved so I would run the whole thing past an employment law attorney.

Bradagan3

I have been in touch with the pension people. They told me that if I had gone to work for another company there would have been no problem. So I have someone highup in my company helping me out in this matter. But the pension people say that they can go into my bank account and take back the money without my permission at any time. Is that legal? They could cause me to bounce checks, mess up my credit. Go figure!:mad: Not sure if I can get this solved, but they the PP( pension people) said that only the company can possibly stop this action against me. Thanks Cbg for your help:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">