• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Things in Writing? QUESTION??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

apeke

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? OREGON

On Friday, Sept 2nd, 2005, I was taken in the evening to the ER for a medical emergency.
Within an hour and a half I was treated and released.
I was given that night, by the doctor on call....a pain medication that I took at the hospital as well as he gave me some to take home with me, that was the EXACT same medication I told the nurse, when she asked me piliminary questions about my medical history, allergies to certian meds, and so on..
I told her I WAS allergic to Codine and LORCET/LORCET PLUS.
Well, I was unaware at the time, that the pain meds given to me while in the ER as well as the ones I was sent home with, were LORCET...
Early Sat morn, I was rushed back to the ER, this time having severe reactions to the very meds I said I was allergic to..
They gave me the wrong meds..
I called the Hospital administrator today, after having received a $3,000.00 ER bill, that I was disputing this bill and thought since I would have NOT had to have this added expense if they had NOT given me what I said I was allergic to...they dismissed the ENTIRE BILL...
Ok...now here's my question....
Upon her phone call returned to my earlier call today, she informed me that they were wiping out the ER bill for both Fri. and Sat visit..fine I said... that's wonderful, I appreciate it...but, may I please have that in writing? Her reply?
"That it was NOT their Policy and she would NOT be sending me anything to that nature in writing."
That should I still receive another or more bills, to call her and she'll handle it..
Isn't it my right to have a copy of this verbal agreement of Billing Deletion in writing?
Please advise?
Thank you..
Apeke

ellencee

You are not entitled to a written statement of any such kind. You are entitled to receive a billing invoice/statement, which hopefullly will be a balance due of $0. Of course, if you choose to reject their offer and hold out until you receive a written agreement, that is your right and possibly will guarantee your right to keep the initial ER visit's charges due and payable.

EC

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">