• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Think I been SLAMMED or not ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoobie

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NC

This is the deal. Two months ago I tried to buy a local pizza shop that was for sale. The deal fell thru because the sellers decided to back out at the last minute and not sell the place. While I was waiting to see if they would accept my offer I was completing my business plan. It needed the cost of phone service added to the plan. So I called sellers current service company to get their avg billing per month. It sounded expensive so I decided to get quotes from other service providers. I called BellSouth to get a quote from them...I like to do business local and they are. So I went thru the process with them over the phone to get an account started...all but the 3ed party verification because I didn't own the business yet.

The rep sent me 3ed party verification paperwork via email for me to print, sign and send back via snail mail. That would complete the opening of the account in my name when the time come if the sell went thru...but it didn't. At the end of the conversation with the rep she wanted me to give verification over the phone with a 3ed party and set a date in the future as if the sale was going thru so I hung up prior to talking to any 3ed party. I hung up just prior to connecting with 3ed party cause I got what I wanted...the rate and she was also getting crazy on me suggesting a future date.

Today I got a $500 phone bill in the mail in my name, at the sellers business address with the sellers DBA name? I also got a piece of mail from BellSouth with the DBA name I was going to register if the sale went thru...but it didn't? I just got off the phone with BellSouth about this issue and they said that their is a 3ed party verification on file for the transfer of the account. How could there be if I hung up just prior to the verification. They said it would take 24hrs to check the recording of the verification and get back to me. Is this considered slammed and if so can I sue or the seller sue? What should I do to get out of this mess ???

Thanks in advance.

S

seniorjudge

hoobie said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NC

This is the deal. Two months ago I tried to buy a local pizza shop that was for sale. The deal fell thru because the sellers decided to back out at the last minute and not sell the place. While I was waiting to see if they would accept my offer I was completing my business plan. It needed the cost of phone service added to the plan. So I called sellers current service company to get their avg billing per month. It sounded expensive so I decided to get quotes from other service providers. I called BellSouth to get a quote from them...I like to do business local and they are. So I went thru the process with them over the phone to get an account started...all but the 3ed party verification because I didn't own the business yet.

The rep sent me 3ed party verification paperwork via email for me to print, sign and send back via snail mail. That would complete the opening of the account in my name when the time come if the sell went thru...but it didn't. At the end of the conversation with the rep she wanted me to give verification over the phone with a 3ed party and set a date in the future as if the sale was going thru so I hung up prior to talking to any 3ed party. I hung up just prior to connecting with 3ed party cause I got what I wanted...the rate and she was also getting crazy on me suggesting a future date.

Today I got a $500 phone bill in the mail in my name, at the sellers business address with the sellers DBA name? I also got a piece of mail from BellSouth with the DBA name I was going to register if the sale went thru...but it didn't? I just got off the phone with BellSouth about this issue and they said that their is a 3ed party verification on file for the transfer of the account. How could there be if I hung up just prior to the verification. They said it would take 24hrs to check the recording of the verification and get back to me. Is this considered slammed and if so can I sue or the seller sue? What should I do to get out of this mess ???

Thanks in advance.

First, complain to BellSouth (keep copious notes).

If that does not work, then contact these folks:

http://www.ncuc.commerce.state.nc.us/consumer/ucconsum.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">