• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This crazy immigrant woman will not leave my father's house!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frenchtoast

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine

How do we safely get rid of this woman?
I met a woman and became friends with her while I was studying in France. She later moved to Arizona. She is from Croatia. She emailed me stating that she needed money for a medical bill which we gave her $2500. Then she flew into Boston and told my father she was stranded so the bus company allowed her to ride into Maine for free and my father picked her up 3 weeks ago.
She refuses to leave and stays with my father without contributing a dime. She makes international phone calls on our phone and eats our food. She has appalling personal habits and it has now become clear to us that she is mentally ill. She was a bit flamboyant when I knew her in Europe but since her father died and her relatives put her on a strict allowance she has become a leech and completely crazy.
My father is afraid to ask her to leave and thinks that she is just crazy enough to possibly pay him back a little of what she owes him if he waits for it. I think the cops will have to be called to remove her sooner or later. He is convinced she will be raped or killed on the streets if she is turned out of his house without first getting her "money" from her family.
What can I do to help my father? I am still in France but I could make phone calls. I was there last week in Maine but I had to return to France for business purposes. What can I do to get her out? Is there some sort of state agency that can help him? He is of sound mind but he is handicapped and 76 years old. He is not sleeping with her. She sleeps on the sofa in another room. She does not want to leave. Please give me any advice you can. I am very worried about this. Any suggestions as to what I can tell my Dad to get him to see the light?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine

How do we safely get rid of this woman?
I met a woman and became friends with her while I was studying in France. She later moved to Arizona. She is from Croatia. She emailed me stating that she needed money for a medical bill which we gave her $2500. Then she flew into Boston and told my father she was stranded so the bus company allowed her to ride into Maine for free and my father picked her up 3 weeks ago.
She refuses to leave and stays with my father without contributing a dime. She makes international phone calls on our phone and eats our food. She has appalling personal habits and it has now become clear to us that she is mentally ill. She was a bit flamboyant when I knew her in Europe but since her father died and her relatives put her on a strict allowance she has become a leech and completely crazy.
My father is afraid to ask her to leave and thinks that she is just crazy enough to possibly pay him back a little of what she owes him if he waits for it. I think the cops will have to be called to remove her sooner or later. He is convinced she will be raped or killed on the streets if she is turned out of his house without first getting her "money" from her family.
What can I do to help my father? I am still in France but I could make phone calls. I was there last week in Maine but I had to return to France for business purposes. What can I do to get her out? Is there some sort of state agency that can help him? He is of sound mind but he is handicapped and 76 years old. He is not sleeping with her. She sleeps on the sofa in another room. She does not want to leave. Please give me any advice you can. I am very worried about this. Any suggestions as to what I can tell my Dad to get him to see the light?
Dad needs to evict the crazy woman.

Banned_Princess

Definately.. Right now.

YOU need to convince him that he HAS to do this. Does he plan to just support her forever?

Maybe she is stealing too, then you could have her arrested and press charges...

The cops can only remove her if she is stealing, or is legally evicted.....

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Last edited:

Banned_Princess

Can you get him to sign you as his power of attorney?

Cause' if you get that then you can evict her.
Or at least authorize and pay a lawyer to do it.

That is if miss crazy hasn't already got him to signed to her. . .

divona2000

Call a trusted friend in Maine, ask them to contact a local eldercare service for advice. If this woman is freeloading off of your elderly father, they may be able to help get her out.

Dandy Don

Of course you can call the police and have her kicked out but it will help if your father is also willing to sign the complaint when the police come over.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Hold on a sec...

If I'm reading this correctly, this woman is living in frenchtoast's father's house. If that's the case, frenchtoast can't have her arrested for stealing, nor can he call the police and have her kicked her out. No one in law enforcement is going to tell an adult that he can't allow someone to eat his food, make international phone calls, sleep on his couch, and generally take advantage of him.

frenchtoast: is this your house, your father's house, or both?

Is she here on a visa? When does that expire?

frenchtoast

reply from op

Frenchtoast here. She is here on a work visa and then had it extended for catastrophic medical purposes. She has no job. She has already been removed from the property once by my father's cleaning lady and spent the night at her house. The cleaning lady pulled her out bodily. The crazy woman's behavior really upset her. The crazy woman talked really tough but was as weak as a kitten. She didn't fight it. She has also been writing me strange emails about how I, Frenchtoast am a puppet master and also how she needs to stay in a nice small town indefinitely until the medical doctors and psychiatrists stop stalking her. She is very paranoid.
She stayed overnight at the cleaning lady's house. The furnace broke at the cleaning lady's house so the cleaning lady had to stay with a friend which also meant our freeloader came back to my Dad's house. I am not an owner of the house but it has been my only residence in America. I have informed the local police who made note of it in case he calls himself needing emergency assistance. My brother has called and offered to help throw her out of the house but he lives in another state.
The crazy woman says that medicine was coming for her and it arrived in the mail. -Not psychiatric medicine. I wish it were! She also says that she is waiting for money from overseas and it will arrive no later than the 20th of this month and after that she wants to leave promptly. She has a childhood friend who lives in New York whom she can spend a little time with.
I don't know if the money will ever come or not. She has lied to me and others so many times. It is very cold at night and my father is afraid of turning her over to the police because they will probably send her to a homeless shelter and "she might get hurt by someone there! It's no place for a woman." She does seem to get along with my father very well though but only because he tends to agree with anything she says.
I think this woman is a spoiled con artist and probably a paranoid schizophrenic. Just because she's crazy doesn't mean she's nice.
I welcome your responses and I will let you know what is going on as the situation develops.

frenchtoast

Original poster update

Frenchtoast here. She moved out. She heard my father talking to me over the phone about her and she got very paranoid. She made plans on Sunday to move in with a nice religious couple she met from a church in town and she decided to move in with them early. My father also mentioned to her that I had called the police on her and she comes from a part of the world where the police can be very violent and dangerous so the two things ended up freaking her out and she finally left. We have no idea if she will pay us back. She may be so afraid of the police and immigration that she just might when her money comes in. -If there is any money coming in for her. What a nightmare! Still my father is safe and sound and it looks like she didn't steal anything.
Thanks, for all your responses!:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">