• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This is disturbing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

It is very disturbing.

I have a friend who is an immigration attorney and she said she has never cried so much as she has this past year, due to the abominable and heartless and senseless immigration policies of the current man who inhabits the White House and his administration.

Whoops2u

My experience is that those who speak of racism the most are the most racist.

At some point, we're going to have to have immigration laws. It seems both sides want a deal and yet there is no deal. It's almost like both sides would rather have a talking point than have an agreement.

Y'all should stop listening or reading the news if it upsets you so much. It's agenda is not to inform you, but manipulate you. (Officially, only to buy stuff.) Take some quiz that places you in some political category. Then look at a chart where the news media are placed according to the same axis(es). You will find an amazing similarity. I don't know if it is the media that changes you or that you select the media that comforts you. In either case, the media is not just informing you.

If you can't frame the other side's argument in a way that seems reasonable, you are not thinking rationally but emotionally. Most complaints against this administration for doing the things he said he was going to do, repeatedly, are not based on rational arguments.

Just Blue

My experience is that those who speak of racism the most are the most racist.

At some point, we're going to have to have immigration laws. It seems both sides want a deal and yet there is no deal. It's almost like both sides would rather have a talking point than have an agreement.

Y'all should stop listening or reading the news if it upsets you so much. It's agenda is not to inform you, but manipulate you. (Officially, only to buy stuff.) Take some quiz that places you in some political category. Then look at a chart where the news media are placed according to the same axis(es). You will find an amazing similarity. I don't know if it is the media that changes you or that you select the media that comforts you. In either case, the media is not just informing you.

If you can't frame the other side's argument in a way that seems reasonable, you are not thinking rationally but emotionally. Most complaints against this administration for doing the things he said he was going to do, repeatedly, are not based on rational arguments.
Oh Dear. You drank the Kool-Aide. :(

Whoops2u

Oh Dear. You drank the Kool-Aide. :(
You'd think someone claiming another "drank the Kool-Aide" would put some actual reason why they felt that way rather than just throw out an insult. Although it is great to see an example of not thinking rationally, but emotionally, so soon after my post.

PayrollHRGuy

NPR ran the same story on Morning Edition this AM. They did mention the fact that this was started during the Obama administration and there was some sort of agreement with the ACLU and that there was more enforcement under Trump. They didn't go into details and I haven't had time to investigate further.

Just Blue

You'd think someone claiming another "drank the Kool-Aide" would put some actual reason why they felt that way rather than just throw out an insult. Although it is great to see an example of not thinking rationally, but emotionally, so soon after my post.
To say that because One can see the overt racism of the current Administration makes One a racist is bizarre. My opinion about the administration is not coming from emotion but rather observing their behavior and listening to words/speeches for several years. When you hear trump refer to torch carrying, hate spewing neo-nazi's as "some really great people"...Well Whoops... that tell me a lot. I call it like I see it.

Whoops2u

Even if aggressive immigration laws weren't racist (and they demonstrably are in intent and operation) they are nationalistic.

That's bad enough.
Another person who wants to change the real problem of immigration into an argument about race. For fun, guess where our current aggressive immigration laws come from. As all federal laws, they are passed by a majority of both houses of Congress and then signed by the President. Were all who voted for the laws and the president of the time racist?

Enforcing the laws is supposed to be the main job of the President. If you want different laws, talk to the Congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">