• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

thought policy was cancelled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nramsey

What is the name of your state? Indiana

i called my insurance company and cancelled my policy and was told it was taken care of. Payments were stopped being withdrawn from my bank account in june of 04. I just received a letter from them saying that the money i have paid in to my life insurance was paying my monthly bill and i need to pay it back. i called them and said i cancelled it in june 04, they said they have no record of it but i told them they stopped taking payment out of my bank account, they said they sent me letters that got returned to them, but i have lived at the same address for 4 years now. Does any one have any advice on what to do because i was do back over $1000 when i cancelled my policy. Thanks

Last edited:

ALawyer

Keep on demanding the funds due, and copies of all correspondence they allegedly sent and also complain to your state's insurance department. If needed, take the company to small claims court.

Dandy Don

You may also want to consider filing a complaint against the insurance company with your state insurance commissioner (most of the commissioners have a website). If you need help finding it, please say so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">