• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

threat of legal action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cali-girl

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NC

I took in a child (age 14) for a few days in June.

Parent was accused of abuse.

Granted temporary custody by Dept. Social Services.

Investigation ended...unable to prove abuse, child accused of lying and returned to parent. :(

Recently (today) threatened with legal action by parent if I have any contact with child.

What are my options?

cali-girl

It's not that simple, but I cannot say too much in an open forum like this.

I do not contact child, but child continues to contact me.

I said abuse was unproven during the investigation, but that doesn't mean that it did not/does not still occur.

Parent moves child from county to county, state to state when accused.

I will not turn my back on this child (as the system has).

JETX

cali-girl said:
I do not contact child, but child continues to contact me.
Presumably, you are the adult in this relationship. Stop all contact. Do not answer the phone if it is her. If it is her, hang up. Do not respond to ANY attempts to her contacts. Pretty simple.

I will not turn my back on this child (as the system has).
Then be prepared to spend BIG bucks on attorneys and possible jail time for contempt of court. The bottom line.... you have NO business in this relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">