• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threatened and then fired?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Bill Johns; if you have an issue with the way I respond, feel free to take it up with the moderators. I have been responding here for almost twenty years and they have not seen fit to correct me yet. I don't really think it's up to you to do so if they are satisfied.

HRZ: the poster says clearly that he was a tour guide. Nowhere is there any indication that he was a bus driver, nor do I know what difference you might think it would make if he were. Your reputation for making up facts that do not exist and then answering based on your own conclusions of what the facts might be is spread over more boards than this one and frankly I'm tired of it. You are one of the best examples of Fake News I've seen outside of Fox News.

Bill Johns; if you have an issue with the way I respond, feel free to take it up with the moderators. I have been responding here for almost twenty years and they have not seen fit to correct me yet. I don't really think it's up to you to do so if they are satisfied.
I was merely pointing out potential gaps in the information provided. I wasn't trying to correct 20 years of behavior.

Your reputation for making up facts that do not exist and then answering based on your own conclusions of what the facts might be is spread over more boards than this one and frankly I'm tired of it. You are one of the best examples of Fake News I've seen outside of Fox News.
Um, scuse me? Making up facts? Other boards? I think you have the wrong person.

Just Blue

I was merely pointing out potential gaps in the information provided. I wasn't trying to correct 20 years of behavior.

Um, scuse me? Making up facts? Other boards? I think you have the wrong person.
You need to reread CBG post...the bottom portion was directed at another member.

HRZ

Some guides do also drive ...and regs as to allowable work time quickly get complex .

I believe I asked OP to clarify if the guide also drove the bus ....if so there might be other issues. ...And no need to go there if none of his duties required driving a tour bus .

Just Blue

Some guides do also drive ...and regs as to allowable work time quickly get complex .

I believe I asked OP to clarify if the guide also drove the bus ....if so there might be other issues. ...And no need to go there if none of his duties required driving a tour bus .
There. Was No. Bus .driving.

On which facts are you basing that conclusion, Just Blue? My background is I'm studying law, so this will be helpful for me to know.
I'm a lawyer, and so far we don't know if there was any bus driving by the OP's husband. All we know is that the OP has not mentioned yet whether her husband drives a bus. So in this instance, I think Just Blue was a bit harsh since a close read of the posts does not, as Blue implied, show no driving was involved. All the posts reveal is that driving hasn't been mentioned, which is not the same thing.

We also do not know what kind of tours he did. There are tours that are primarily done by bus, like some city sight seeing tours. You see lots of those in Washington DC for example. Until the OP says one way or the other, we just don't know. Until then, all we can do is go by the facts we do have, and as no bus driving (or any other kind of driving) has not been mentioned, no information can be given on that.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
But as pointed out by Taxing Matters, the facts presented by the poster are silent on the question of whether the job involved bus driving.
Then it would be reasonable to ask OP to clarify whether there was a bus involved, but it would not be reasonable, prior to such clarification, to advise based on the assumption that a bus was involved.

Sponsored Ad