• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threatened oregon lottery with gun violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midvalleypdr

Unless your name is Jason Oullette, this belongs in the Debate area.
That is my name. I need advice. I'm looking at a misdemeanor menacing charge, but I'm on bench probation for disorderly conduct. I can't go to jail. I need to know if there is any way to avoid going to jail.

justalayman

That is my name. I need advice. I'm looking at a misdemeanor menacing charge, but I'm on bench probation for disorderly conduct. I can't go to jail. I need to know if there is any way to avoid going to jail.
People that “can’t go to jail” should avoid doing things that are likely to cause them to go to jail.

Whether there is some process that would allow you to avoid going to jail is something you need to be discussing with your lawyer.

justalayman

Our guest sent me such a lovely pm I couldn’t help but share

Thanks for the advice numb nuts. If I wanted answers like that I would've asked a 6 year old. You XXXX
Maybe the apology he made was nothing more than an attempt to trick the authorities into reducing the charges. It would appear our guest has anger issues that need to be addressed that may not be if he is not punished to the fullest extent of the law. I should probably forward this to the authorities dealing with op”s case so they can see how nice Mr. oulllette is outside of their sphere of contact.

quincy

A link to Oregon's menancing law followed by a link to the penalties: https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/163.190
https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/161.615

The Class A misdemeanor is subject to a $6250 fine and up to one year in jail. Diversion programs can be available - but generally only for first time offenders. If you commit a crime while on probation for another crime, you are unlikely to be eligible for any special consideration from the court.

I would say that jail time is likely to be part of your sentence. You might earn brownie points from the court when sentenced if you start getting help for your gambling addiction now (check out Gamblers Anonymous) and enroll in anger management classes. Your message to justalayman indicates your reactions are well outside the norm.

You need an attorney and should get counseling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">